Human Resource Business Partner / Generalist will be reporting to the Director of Human Resources. This role organizes and executes HR functions for West Coast Club Operations. This includes a wide variety of HR related duties including talent acquisition, employee engagement, performance management, employee retention and development, employee relations and other HR functions as required. Helps ensure organizational compliance with HR policies, practices, guidelines, and all federal, state, and local laws.
- Coaches and Partners with Managers on Performance Management & documentation.
- Handles employee relations issues as assigned.
- Full-cycle recruitment efforts for non-exempt and 3rd party temporary assignments, including assistance in writing job descriptions, posting open positions, screening candidates, interviewing, providing input to Hiring Managers, etc. with an emphasis on diversity (AAP plan support) and cost effectiveness.
- Manages, develops, executes, and maintains the orientation process for all associates including pre-employment contact, post-employment follow-up, and benefits enrollment guidance.
- Reviews, interprets, and advises management and associates on existing policies and procedures. Assists in policy and procedure development as needed.
- Maintains appropriate files and documentation regarding Leaves of Absence, Affirmative Action, I-9, and other statutory compliance items.
- Manages leaves of absence process through tracking of leave time, maintaining proper documentation, partnering with Health Services, coordinating benefits, and disseminating needed information to both the associates and their management.
- Maintains employee data in HRIS system ensuring data integrity (timeliness and accuracy). Develops queries as needed to extract data and complete appropriate data analysis. Serves as onsite SME for HRIS system for HR and Associate Self Service.
- Assists in and executes assigned special projects as needed such as training initiatives, open enrollment, and job fairs.
- Organizes, coordinates, and oversees associate event and recognition activities.
- Bachelor’s degree required. PHR or SPHR Certificate preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a HR generalist role with significant experience in (Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations, Performance Management and Leave Administration)
- Well versed in State and Federal employment laws and practices.
- Strong proficiency and aptitude with technology, ability to quickly adapt to new and changing ones.
- Intermediate to advanced skill level in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and HRIS systems (Oracle preferred)
- Ability to work within constraints as well as to challenge the status quo.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and being a part of deeply complex strategy discussions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with senior leaders and a variety of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis.
- Ability to establish credibility, build interpersonal relationships and trust within all levels of the organization