Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
This key role is responsible for global financial planning consolidations, financial planning systems administration, and global reporting for internal and external purposes. This is an SAP systems focused role critical to enabling global P&L reporting. Must be a technical expert and able to design, create and maintain ERP related functions including, but no limited to allocation rules, hierarchies, and custom financial reports. Must be able to provide timely and accurate information and reporting for decision making across the organization.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as a business side administrator of SAP systems covering financial planning and reporting systems. Ensures data within the company’s financial systems is complete, accurate and timely delivered; validate and troubleshoot variances and inaccuracies as needed.
- Responsible for extracting data and producing key financial reports that are accurate, efficient and easy to update. Must be able to merge data from various data cubes and reporting systems.
- Act as primary liaison between the Finance and IT departments in order to ensure data integrity and that financial systems improvement efforts, implementations, and upgrades are performed to support the needs of the business.
- Support global monthly close, monthly forecasting and annual budget processes.
- Work with business leaders to create and continuously refine reports and provide information to help make well informed decisions and recommendations.
- Identify opportunities to further develop reporting systems capabilities; implement best practices and solutions for the business.
- Continuously improve tools and reports to help management better understand and plan our business.
- Execute ad-hoc analytics to support key projects and business initiatives.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Advanced financial systems administrator (ERP and Excel).
- Advanced proficiency/guru level skills in MS Excel (including Macros, VBA, and complex formulas).
- Able to extract pertinent data from ERP system to support above duties; comfortable working with large data sets.
- Strong Finance knowledge including financial statements, foreign currency exchange rates, etc.
- Strong analytical, financial modeling and problem solving skills.
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects with conflicting deadlines.
- Appreciation for continuous improvement.
- Ability to complete projects timely and accurately.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability discuss complex accounting, finance, and financial systems related subjects with non-financial personnel.
- Ability to work well with all levels of the organization in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to build strong working relationships and collaborate with others in cross-functional teams.
- Strong communication, presentation and reporting skills. Ability to influence others.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and OneDrive for Business.
- Basic knowledge of BW/BPS reporting system, preferred.
- Experienced user of SAP ERP software, including Financial Accounting (FI) and Controlling (CO) modules.
- Experienced user of SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) a plus.
- Experienced user of SAP reporting tools. SAP Business Explorer (BEx); SAP Analysis for Microsoft Office; SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence.
- Intermediate understanding of information system logic, preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA in Finance, Accounting, Business, Computer Science or related area.
- 7-8 years of experience as an analyst in a large corporate environment.
- Previous Finance experience in a manufacturing/distribution related company preferred.
- Experience in Financial Planning and Analysis with an emphasis in systems and reporting preferred.
- Experience in the consumer products industry preferred.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.