Category Manager - Topgolf Retail
Carlsbad, California, United States
Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
The Category Manager for Topgolf Retail role will lead the development of Category Management initiatives for Topgolf retail team. The Category Manager initiates category management activities and drives Category performance through detailed analysis of sell-thru data, product assortment, pricing and change analysis including historical changes and future forecasting. The position is focused on optimization of category activities to include; new product review, assortment review, category performance and brand performance. The incumbent will create best in class Category Management processes that drive business results and provide decision making insights to team. In this role they will oversee the creation and development of a holistic Topgolf Retail revenue plan, sales reporting using data to drive sales and profitability. In addition, this position will utilize data and sell-in data to help identify opportunities and create customer/channel specific revenue plans. They will be expected to execute corporate Category Management strategies and fully support Topgolf Retail team while performing rigorous analysis and identifying opportunities. Areas of focus will include projects and initiatives that are associated with delivering a Best-in-Class Category Management solutions.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages sell-through and sell-in data to analyze and develop insights to increase sales and profitability
- Defines requirements of Category Management Process, including project scope, implementation strategy, phasing timeline, capabilities requirements, research priorities and resource planning
- Develops Retailer specific assortment strategies to optimize product mix, shelf/display space, merchandising tools, and price promotions to more effectively reach targeted consumers
- Performs SKU / venue level replenishment review on a weekly basis and work with customers to maximize effectiveness of assortment recommendations
- Manages all sales reporting and revenue plan development with input from key data sources. This includes managing relationships with all brands supported at Topgolf Retail
- Support Topgolf Retail Team by providing objective, fact based, value-added industry and category insights in Category Management discussions with venue
- Provide leadership through knowledge, expertise and experience, and provide Category Management Best Practice training to associates and customers
- Lead the development of forecast model based upon brand performance
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Expertise with Excel
- Expertise preparing and presenting to customers / Sr. Management
- Expert knowledge account sell-thru data source, Crunch Time software experience a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with particular emphasis on business presentations to various levels of client representatives.
- Strong Customer Service orientation
- Data Expertise for Informed Decision Making
- Ability to develop high level understanding of account operations
- Creative and innovation critical thinking skills
- Expertise in Revenue Planning processes
- General understanding of Product Lifecycle Management
- Knowledge of Sales Account Management
- Marketing Plan Execution to Account/Brand Understanding
- Ability to have Product Expertise
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA or BS
- 5 years of customer marketing and/or category management experience
- 5 years of experience in analyzing and interpreting data and team/project management experience
- Apparel retail industry experience
- Strong knowledge of data sources
- Experience with multi-door account distribution model
- Retail analytical support experience
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.