Sr Systems Administrator (Jira)
Carlsbad, California, United States
Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
Responsible for planning, designing, supporting, and implementing technical components and strategies for Atlassian Jira Service Management, Software, Access, Confluence, and Insight. Additionally, the Sr. System Administrator – Jira will integrate auxiliary systems and services with Jira such as Okta ALM, Active Directory, Atlassian plug-ins and any other relevant systems and services.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs, builds, tests, implements, & supports Jira projects, workspaces, reports, workflows & dashboards
- Specific responsibility for migration and integration of other Jira instances or ticketing solutions into our Jira instance for our companies and subsidiaries worldwide.
- Documents the deployment, troubleshooting, and operational processes required to build and operate our Atlassian Jira eco-system.
- Develops and delivers appropriate training documentation that is customized to our Jira environment
- Works with all departments to develop and deliver Jira solutions, customer portals, dashboards, and reports
- Provides Jira administration, including creation and management of custom projects, workflows, security schemes, custom fields, dashboards, and report configurations.
- Manages Jira user groups and project roles along with Jira plug-ins and integration into other platforms
- Evaluate and make recommendations for new and existing plug-ins to the Atlassian stack
- Coach and mentor team members on agile standards and best practices – Scrum and Kanban
- Assesses the scrum maturity of the teams and coaches them to higher levels of maturity
- Evaluates and implements Insight asset management if applicable
- Proactively identifies and eliminates impediments to facilitate flow through the system
- Works with teams to identify and implement automation opportunities to improve efficiencies
- Proactively maintains and develops corporate applications and system backend infrastructure
- Performs periodic reviews of the system environments for configurations, permissions, workflows, integrations, and logs
- Manages, coordinates, and implements software upgrades, patches, and hot fixes
- Provides input on ways to improve the stability, efficiency, and scalability of our IT service platforms
- Provides L2/L3 support and advanced troubleshooting for the entire user community, including remote sites and brands
- Partners with cross-functional teams to design and implement solutions consistent with industry standards and best practices
- Available as needed for problem resolution, system implementation and augmentation on a 24x7 basis
- Creates and maintains detailed system documentation to support, clear and compelling communication and drives alignment and standards between all sites and brands
- Stays current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommends ways to take advantage of new technologies
- Satisfies customers with a state-of-the-art solutions by unlocking the potential of new technologies
- Takes ownership and responsibility for tasks that are assigned
- Demonstrates consistent professional and superior customer service and interpersonal skills
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the supervisor and or manager
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Advanced knowledge of Atlassian Jira stack and administration of Jira modules
- Ability to construct custom dashboards using various filter types in Jira
- Ability to construct Confluence pages and integrate Jira projects with Confluence pages
- Proven depth of knowledge and hands-on experience in Microsoft and TCP/IP networking environments
- Thorough understanding of Active Directory & cloud Interfaces, including Okta MFA and ALM
- Professionalism, reasonable judgment, a sense of ownership and responsibility as well as extraordinary communication and customer service skills are imperative to the success of this position
- Keeps abreast of current developments and trends in relative areas of technology
- Detail-oriented and willing to follow specific processes and willingly take specific direction
- Able to produce professional documentation for standards, policies, and procedures
- Learns and adapts quickly to new situations and changing priorities in hectic and chaotic environments
- Able to embrace an environment that is constantly changing to meet the needs of the business
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, engineering or related field
- Experience in design and deployment of multiple Jira projects
- Experience of creating one or more ticketing solutions using Jira Cloud
- Advanced administration knowledge on Jira, and proficiency in Atlassian tool suite
- Proficient in Project Setups, components, Jira reporting, report filters and dashboard creation
- Certification in team agile practices (e.g., CSM, CPF, SAFe®) or >4 years of equivalent work experience
- Tech savvy, ability, and passion for learning new technology and tools
- Passion for customer support and a drive to help end-users
- Ability to: plan, organize and document complex system design activities and to configure systems to be consistent with institutional policies/procedures; communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing; establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust and credibility; perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively and promptly.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.