Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
This position is to provide level 2 and level 3 technical support for the Apple/Mac/iPhone user community and administer associated systems and storage. Additionally, the Systems Administrator – Mac works with business units to identify, procure, setup, configure, and install new software/services in support of our photography and digital media teams.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains, administers and monitors all Apple/Mac/iPhone/iPad systems such as Jamf, Apple Business Manager, Adobe Creative Suite and any associated systems and services.
- Develops new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability. Trains technical staff in how to use new software and hardware developed and/or acquired.
- Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computer resources.
- Develops procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse.
- Develops procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications.
- Provides leadership in planning and implementation of projects for computer operations and enterprise systems administration.
- Stays current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommends ways to take advantage of new technologies.
- Provides technical administration in activities associated with identification, prioritization and resolution of issues within the Apple/Mac/iPhone eco-system.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for tasks that are assigned
- Demonstrates consistent professional and superior customer service and interpersonal skills
- Actively participates and makes suggestions in department initiatives to improve value to the business
- Establishes, grows and develops collaborative and cross-functional relationships internally and externally with business partners and vendors
- Attends meetings and actively participates as required
- Executes department projects as assigned and develops department standards and procedures
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the supervisor and or manager
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Thorough understanding of Jamf Suite including Jamf Portal, Jamf Admin and Jamf Composer
- Reporting and creating of .pkg & .dmg files, building software distribution policies, and creating smart groups
- Thorough understanding of the macOS recovery partition and restoring Macs using internet recovery
- Mac OS file directory structure: /Users, /Library, /Applications, /System and the role of these directories.
- Thorough understanding of APFS format & structure as well as Parallels Desktop for running Windows apps
- Common Apple Network Protocols – AFP/IP, NFS, Samba, VNC, FTP
- Knowledge of configuring 10GB fiber connectivity to the desktop on Macs and LPD printer configuration
- Important Unix commands in the macOS terminal
- Understanding the role Apple Business Manager plays in the enterprise
- Ability to manage Apple Enterprise Developer Account and assume lead role of Team Agent
- Identify Apple product model hardware and security chipset (T2 Security Chip)
- Ability to support and manage various centralized services including LAN-based files servers, cloud-based file services, and Jamf distribution point connecting with multiple different protocols
- Familiarity with digital audio workstation software (DAW), Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro), font management, and other products crucial to busy print and dynamic media departments.
- Familiarity with various video and audio formats, sample rates, A/D conversion and Apple Core Audio
- Thorough understanding of iOS MDM (iPads/iPhones)
- Working knowledge of Azure Automation, PowerShell and other scripting tools and languages
- Thorough understanding of Active Directory & cloud Interfaces (ADFS) including Okta MFA
- Knowledgeable in network (wired/wireless) components and interfaces
- Able to troubleshoot complex problems and resolve while complying with the department’s policies and procedures
- Able to maintain discipline while working in the production landscape
- Professionalism, reasonable judgment, a sense of ownership and responsibility as well as extraordinary communication and customer service skills are imperative to the success of this position.
- Consistently demonstrate professional and superior customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Keeps abreast of current developments and trends in relative areas of technology
- Able to produce professional documentation for standards, policies and procedures
- Able to embrace an environment that is constantly changing to meet the needs of the business
- Able to support our marketing team with Studio level guidance support
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, required.
- Minimum 5 years work experience, in a corporate environment of 200 or more users.
- Certifications such as Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), CompTIA Server+, JAMF Certified System Administrator, Red Hat Certified System Administrator, Red Hat Certified Engineer and VMware Certified Professional helpful.
- Experience in complex systems design, programming and systems software and support helpful.
- Knowledge of: Programming languages and operating systems; current equipment and technologies in use; Unix/Windows/MAC system administration, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring tools; effective project management techniques.
- Ability to: plan, organize and document complex system design activities and to configure systems to be consistent with institutional policies/procedures; communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing; establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust and credibility; perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.