Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
Working closely with Distribution Management, Traffic, Supply Chain and Order Management, the Distribution Supervisor will direct and coordinate warehouse, receiving and shipping operations and activities to meet or exceed operating plan goals. The supervisor will ensure compliance with safety, accuracy and personnel policies.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage and direct Distribution Center operations
- Provide daily / weekly balancing of skilled labor across the warehouse, receiving and shipping activities.
- Oversee team leads and material handlers to achieve departmental and site performance objectives, including cost, service and quality.
- Communicate department goals to personnel and provide resources and motivation to meet or exceed goals.
- Communicate issues to the Distribution Manager and other supervisors, to ensure seamless operation and transfer of information.
- Interact with management and cross-functional employees to resolve issues affecting operations.
- Interact with Planning/Buyers, Traffic, Order Management, Customer Service, Accounting, Production and other departments and passes important information along to department and key personnel.
Ensure key processes are successful
- Provide for the orderly and accurate receipt of all inbound deliveries and shipments.
- Ensure timely delivery of materials to storage and other organizational functions
- Facilitate and support setup and execution of replenishment activities
- Supervise the picking, packing, and shipping of all Domestic and International shipments
- Ensure all orders are processed accurately and on time
- Deliver Value Added Services in accordance with customer requirements
- Coordinate and schedule all dock activities including quality audits on shipments.
- Coordinate and conduct cycle count program including variance research, root cause analysis, and reconciliation.
- Ensure customer returns are processed within company communicated timeframe
- Ensure the return of rejected material to vendors for credit and the destruction and/or recycling of scrap and obsolescence material.
Drive Safety Program
- Ensure consistent safety and process training of all material handlers. Provide documentation and tracking of all training in assigned areas.
- Conduct and document effective safety meetings at required intervals.
- Work with E&S and maintenance department to provide a safe work environment and optimization of the industrial moving equipment. Provides guidance to workers to do the same.
Develop Personnel Skills and Capabilities
- Review and assess the skill set of each employee as it relates to the job requirements.
- Conducts timely performance reviews, and assists in the management of individual development plans.
- Administer disciplinary action as needed.
- Mentors and coaches Lead staff in supervising and directing employees
- Track employee attendance and approve timesheets according to Company's policy.
Drive Continuous Improvement
- Use lean and six sigma techniques to drive year-over-year improvements in cost, service and quality
- Assist the Distribution Manager and Sr. Industrial Engineer to develop a culture of continuous improvement in staff and team
- Work with team leads, material handlers and other site and functional personnel, to ensure continuous improvements objectives are achieved
- Coordinates and oversees the planning of improvements of materials processes. Takes a leading role in evaluating the results and communicates the results to relevant personnel.
Other tasks as assigned.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to fulfill responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently and use sound judgment in decision making.
- Strong analytical skills including the use and application of Six Sigma problem solving.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to direct others within the process to meet or exceed department goals.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fully fluent in conversational and business (oral and written) English and Spanish
- Skilled in managing multiple projects and responsibilities in a fast paced changing environment.
- Possess skills to develop and implement new procedures and policies to simplify and improve operations.
System and Tools
- Knowledge of computers and proficient in MS word, excel, SAP experience helpful.
- Has some experience using computer based warehouse management system (WMS), use of SAP WMS a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- S. Diploma or equivalent or 2-year degree or technical training preferred
- Minimum 2 years of Warehouse experience in supervisor role.
- Work with a recognized international company a plus
Callaway Golf is an equal employment opportunity employer.