Manager, International Tax
Carlsbad, California, United States
Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
The incumbent responsible for the management, planning and compliance of tax related processes and procedures for all international subsidiaries and operations. Other significant responsibilities include the completion, review and/or maintenance of the international components of the quarterly and annual Income Tax Provision, analysis of earnings and profits, withholding taxes, analysis of foreign tax credit position and the on-going planning, structuring and management of the Company's international corporate tax structure. Incumbent will serve in a key role liaising with Topgolf personnel and leading international oversight of Topgolf compliance and planned expansions. In addition, the Manager will recommend ways to minimize global corporate tax through use of tax laws and regulations.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and/or prepare US tax returns for all international subsidiaries.
- First point of contact for foreign subsidiaries with respect to day-to-day tax matters.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual ASC 740 deferred tax analysis, effective tax rate calculation, and FIN 48 requirements for international operations.
- Assist with the analysis and implementation of tax minimization strategies and projects.
- Calculate and monitor GILTI, FDII, BEAT, Foreign Tax Credits, Sub-part F income, and E&P analysis.
- Assist with local country statutory and tax audits.
- Review all local country tax returns.
- Coordinate & assist with the foreign income tax audits as well as any international components of examinations by U.S. taxing jurisdictions. Develop supporting positions and documentation of issues arising under such audits.
- Establish and communicate tax strategies. Stay abreast of company business issues and provide the appropriate tax information and opinions.
- Manage and mentor tax professional(s).
- Solid understanding of accounting issues and domestic and international tax compliance matters
- Assist and Advise on new international business expansions including payroll, transaction taxes, registrations and other important regulatory matters.
- Advise Accounting & Treasury regarding the form and timing of international inter-company cash transfers and financing opportunities and the related tax implications.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written including ability to effectively present information to senior management.
- Intermediate understanding of ASC 740 required.
- Significant knowledge of U.S. International Tax, including GILTI, FDII and BEAT, as well as working knowledge of and exposure to foreign country tax regimes.
- Able to quickly grasp, define, and analyze problems, and develop and facilitate logical and innovative solutions.
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Able to apply mathematical concepts, and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to drive change through collaboration and influence.
- Proficient experience with computerized tax research software, tax compliance software (Thomson Reuters preferred), and standard Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, or similar. Master’s degree in taxation highly desired.
- Minimum 6 years professional taxation experience with a focus on international tax. Ideal experience would blend experience in a “Big 4” firm with at least 2 years experience in the tax department of a multi-national publicly held manufacturing firm.
- CPA required.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.