Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission - to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete.
The role of the Lead Business System Analyst is to facilitate organizational change and promote continuous improvement by leading the development and maintenance of essential business application software
- Leads the evaluation, design, development, modification and testing of programs for supported functional areas, with a focus on Distribution
- Leads business liaisons and technical teams to understand and define system goals and technical system
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of policies, standards, and guidelines to ensure that a consistent framework is applied across the company.
- Ensures lower level associates adhere to framework requirements
- Coordinates with vendors to resolve any issues in functionality. May evaluate some new technologies and service offerings
- Provide leadership that allows the team to expand their skills and professional development
- Leads the creation of business cases, ROI analysis, specifications and requirement documents using structured analysis and data modeling techniques (e.g. activity diagrams, entity-relationship diagrams) Lead performance and unit testing efforts as well as develop and execute test plans and implementation schedules.
- Coordinates with vendors to resolve any issues in functionality and may serve as point of escalation. Assists in the evaluation of new technologies and service offerings.
- Promote organizational learning by developing documentation and providing training
- Support existing applications on a 24x7 basis as a member of an applications on-call support process
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 10+ year experience directly supporting packaged or custom software applications in a business analyst capacity.
- Position is distinguished from lower positions by a very strong knowledge of multiple business areas/processes, applications, and ability to solve complex business problems.
- Mastered proficiency in business process design, execution and operations.
- Ability to manage large IT projects. Participates as a contributor to IT projects.
- Mastered ability to merge business process and technical concepts together to innovate creative solutions to business problems and objectives.
- Mastered interacting with associates from multiple disciplines and at various levels in an organization. Mastered ability to adapt quickly to changing business requirements.
- Mastered ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise in work products and propose multiple options (and associated plans) for resolution.
- Mastered proficiency understanding and use of business process methodologies, creating and maintaining business capability models, interaction diagrams, and process and technology inventories.
- Positive attitude and ability to build strong relationships within the company and with external partners. Mastered proficiency of specific business process functionality, configuration options and integration methods and the ability to apply this knowledge to address highly complex business problems.
- Mastered ability to communicate complex concepts both verbally and in written form. Mastered leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups.
- Mastered knowledge of modeling techniques, such as unified modeling language, etc.
- Mastered documentation skills- provides oversight around documentation creation/standards/templates, etc.
- Mastered proficiency with presentation skills both formally in a group setting and informally with 1:1 interaction with end users.
- Mastered understanding of business functionality and the ability to translate it into application requirements.
- Mastered prioritization skills, project management and organization skills.
- Mastered proficiency in testing software and associated testing processes.
- Mastered proficiency in system and business process interdependencies and change management