Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission – to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete!
Senior Manufacturing Engineer will utilize engineering proficiency, manufacturing experience, and project management skills to identify areas of opportunity, design new processes, and introduce manufacturing improvements that lead to reduced operating costs, higher productivity, greater capacity, enhanced quality, and increased safety in manufacturing and packaging facilities.
- Develop and manage engineering projects under direction of facility leadership to meet strategic goals. Responsible for analyzing existing processes to identify areas of improvement. Conceptualize, define, justify, budget, design, and execute project and process improvements with specific goals of increasing capacity, reducing manufacturing costs, and enhancing quality and safety performance.
- Provide technical knowledge and support to internal stakeholders. Develop and conduct training to enhance knowledge and ability of maintenance function to ensure ongoing support for manufacturing facility.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to ensure equipment installations, machine modifications and process improvements are executed to specification, on time and within allocated budget.
- Provide support and leadership for continuous improvement teams and fellow associates.
- Applicable BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering required, MS in Engineering preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience in engineering, automation design, and motion control technology is required.
- A broad experience with PLC and PC based control systems and components (E.g., sensors, transducers, servos, frequency drives, robots).
- Ability to work in manufacturing environment, including being able to interact with equipment. Travel between local facilities, vendors, and training sites is expected.
- Must be able to be present in the manufacturing environment on a regular basis for extended periods of time and is therefore, subject to normal exposures to dust, heat, chemicals, and noise present in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with PLC Programming, Allen-Bradley ControlLogix, RSLogix - Ladder logic, structured text, and function block programming. Electrical - AutoCAD Electrical or SOLIDWORKS Electrical, NEC, NFPA 79, wiring, troubleshooting.
- Strong skills in project management and communication to convey project progress through periodic written reports and verbal presentations.
- Knowledge of Robotic Interface Fanuc or similar. Machine Vision Applications Cognex or similar. Programming/Drawing, SOLIDWORKS, Ethernet/IP.