Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission – to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete!
Under minimal supervision, the Test Facility Assistant Superintendent will initiate, develop and conduct all phases of the maintenance of turf, tees, greens and equipment to tour conditions for product and development and testing for the Manchester Lane Test Facility. When the Superintendent is not on-site, this individual will be required to maintain all facility functions in his absence.
- Assist in the planning and supervising the maintenance of the test facility including tees, fairways, bunkers, cart paths, rough areas. Applies pesticides and herbicides and soil conditioners as necessary.
- May schedule vendor/contractor work at the Test Facility and supervise their activities to ensure compliance with all safety and compliance regulations.
- Repair and maintain equipment, building and surroundings as required.
- Conduct hazardous waste and safety duties in compliance with all Federal, state, and corporate regulations. Document/report as necessary.
- Landscaping experience highly preferred
- Grounds keeping work in a golf course environment preferred.
- Must not be adversely affected by materials in a golf course environment.
- Must possess basic mechanical competency.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and have the physical stamina necessary to complete outdoor physical tasks for long periods of time (summer or winter conditions included).
- Must be willing to work overtime.
- Must have good or corrected eyesight.
- Must possess accurate color vision.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to travel on company business as necessary, occasionally on short notice
- Preferably be willing and able to pursue license to apply herbicides/pesticides.
- Preferably be willing and able to obtain a state required hoist license.