Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission – to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete!
The Titleist Brand Communications team tells the stories of the people and processes involved in developing the #1 ball in golf and the most played equipment on the worldwide professional tours. We’re looking for a communications and content professional with a passion for the game to join our team.
The Titleist Communications Specialist will support the development and execution of the external Titleist Communications, Tour Leadership and Brand strategies.
- Partner with product management and marketing teams in development and execution of Titleist product communications. Create press releases and media materials for new product launches across all equipment categories. Coordinate media visits, product introductions and fittings. Maintain global product PR calendar.
- Responsible for managing relationships with key brand influencers. Coordinate and host influencer and media visits to Titleist facilities. Field inquiries and provide timely responses with influencers, media and equipment communities.
- Assist in the formulation and distribution of weekly Tour reports, providing timely updates to media and global Titleist associates. Coordinate and create written and video content on site at various events and championships.
- Support Communications and Marketing teams in development and delivery of brand assets for various industry events and projects. Write and produce content on deadline for Titleist.com blog and social media posts. Act as key editor for Communications and Marketing teams.
- Coordinate and manage master brand communications and marketing calendar. Oversee the Titleist Media Center and maintain comprehensive media contact lists. Monitor and compile media coverage and distribute to internal teams.
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in communications, journalism, sports marketing or related field required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years professional experience in the communications/public relations field, specifically in the golf industry, or collegiate or professional athletics.
- Candidate should possess competitive golf knowledge, self-initiative, and exceptional written and verbal skills.
- Copy editing, video editing, photography and social media skills are highly recommended. Established relationships with golf media, players, agents and golf organizations, as well as competitive playing experience, is a strong plus.
- Weekend work and domestic travel is required. Golf equipment, competition, and industry knowledge is paramount.
- Must be able to manage and prioritize diverse projects; be creative, organized, detail oriented, and have the ability to work in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Must thrive in a team setting, but also be able to take initiative and work independently. Experience across all Social Media platforms.
- Proficient in Excel, Powerpoint and Adobe Products, specifically Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator, or equivalent, is preferred.