Sr. Applications System Analyst - Retail
Carlsbad, California, United States
Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
The Sr. Applications System Analyst for Retail is responsible for the administration, development, implementation and configuration of package solutions for our Retail stores and will play a significant role in designing and implementing technical solutions with in the direct to consumer technologies space such as Point-Of-Sale and OMS and will also help in managing and delivering strategic complex retail roll outs globally with in the retail business operations of our Apparel group of companies.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead retail/store initiatives globally to achieve business results with high quality and timelines.
• Build, Configure, and Maintain POS databases for our GK POS environments.
• Contributes in the development and implementation of POS system projects and installations. New Retail Store openings globally and POS conversions.
• Provide expertise in Store/POS solutions and processes.
• High knowledge and experience in integration of POS with SAP systems (CAR/S4/ECC), both internal and off-the-shelf software.
• Knowledge of Peripherals Integration with POS devices.
• Experience in resolving complex business, system, change management and program delivery challenges.
• Assist in FIT/GAP analysis and provide customization/workaround solution recommendations in order to achieve the desired business objectives on the proposed requirements.
• Participate and provide support in all phases of System implementation (Planning, Software Selection, Solution design, development, testing & user training).
• Responsible for conducting acceptance testing and training business users to successfully utilize available solutions effectively.
• Provide technical support in the areas of POS, CRM and OMS etc.
• Assess current processes and redesign systems/process to drive improvement and implement changes to catalog management, customer interface design, etc.
• Implementation of business processes and process improvements for interface maintenance and production support.
• Ability to identify issues and provide root cause analysis.
• Assist in the documentation of functions and procedures.
• Must be able to work with integrated teams with in the organization.
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
• Excellent understanding of suite of SAP products & solutions and its integration in to Retail/OMNI POS.
• Strong understanding of JAVA and has expertise with XML’s.
• SAP PI/PO knowledge is desirable.
• Exceptional leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills, ability to work with people from different disciplines, competence in clear concise and tactful communication with senior management teams.
• Able to understand and consider the business impact of potential issues and solutions.
• Work with 3rd party partners to define new capabilities to meet our operational needs.
• Mentor and sometimes lead other team members.
• Strong understanding of and experience with service-based organizational environments.
• Strong collaborative team-based interactions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum 4 - 6 years of experience in Store-POS Consulting/ POS Implementations /Software Development involving POS product with 1 - 2 years on any one of these solution providers (SAP POS, GK POS, APTOS, Retail Pro and NCR).
• Excellent knowledge of Store/POS process for different retail businesses (Fashion, Discount Stores, Grocery, Home Goods, and Convenience).
• Development/implementation experience POS applications, preferably GK POS with 3 - 4 implementations on any of the global POS solutions.
• Exposure to software application implementation/development and customer requirements mapping and experience in client interactions to understand their requirements and must be able to draft the Functional Specification, work closely with Technical team to validate the technical specifications.
• Should have knowledge on Business Process analysis, problem definition, Detailing of Processes of Point of Sale.
• Working experience on Mobile POS and Omni POS.
• Must have Omni Channel POS Process including POS Promotions, Loyalty and POS Transactions.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.