Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture, and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands. We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission - to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete!
Job Objective: Provide hands-on electrical engineering support for manufacturing machines and controls. Manage and maintain electrical control systems and equipment in manufacturing and packaging facilities. Lead and support engineering projects on equipment that improves efficiency, safety, quality, reliability and supports continuous improvement initiatives. Key engineering role that works directly with all departments within operations i.e., Production, Maintenance, Quality, Safety, and IT.
- Provide hands-on electrical support for machines and control issues for all facets in manufacturing and packaging facilities.
- Troubleshooting PLC, motion control, and robotics software and hardware in new and existing equipment.
- Design or direct the design of control software and hardware for control of production machines, and for integration of multiple machines into automated manufacturing cells.
- Provide design, installation, maintenance, and safety documentation for new machinery control systems.
- Identify and develop external resources to assist in implementing engineering projects
- Manage and maintain electrical control systems and equipment. Evaluate new and existing equipment to identify areas of opportunities to decrease risk exposure based on hardware and software support.
- Create contingency plans for high-risk areas. Recommend spare parts and replacement components.
- Support manufacturing engineering group in design, development, installation and startup of new and improved equipment and processes as assigned.
This job description is designed to broadly cover the activities and responsibilities required of the employee to be successful in the role. It is not designed to contain a specific list of all job duties. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be changed or be assigned at any time based on business need with or without notice.
- Applicable BS, or MS in Engineering required, Electrical Engineering preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a technical engineering role in a hands-on environment required. Broad experience with PLC and PC based control systems and components (E.g., sensors, transducers, servos, frequency drives, robots).
- Ability to work in manufacturing environment, including being able to interact with equipment. Travel between local facilities, vendors, and training sites is expected. Must be able to be present in the manufacturing environment on a regular basis for extended periods of time and is therefore, subject to normal exposures to dust, heat, chemicals, and noise present in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with PLC Programming, Allen-Bradley ControlLogix, RSLogix - Ladder logic, structured text, and function block programming. Electrical - AutoCAD Electrical or SOLIDWORKS Electrical, NEC, NFPA 79, wiring, troubleshooting. Strong skills in project management and communication to convey project progress through periodic written reports and verbal presentations. Knowledge of Robotic Interface â€“ Fanuc or similar. Machine Vision Applications Cognex or similar. Programming/Drawing, SOLIDWORKS, Ethernet/IP
- Must demonstrate strong work ethic and commitment to hours of operation. An example includes strict adherence to attendance expectations.
- Must work effectively, both independently as well as within a team, as appropriate.
- Must demonstrate respect for organizational policies and procedures, including but not limited to Safety and Quality.
- Must demonstrate respect for others through effective communication with peers, team leaders, and managers.
- Must pass all Health Services testing requirements for this position.