Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture, and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands. We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission - to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete!
Job Title: Associate Mechanical Engineer
Job Objective: Provide mechanical engineering support, with supporting independent analysis, for various manufacturing projects and processes. Mechanical engineering assignments will span research and development, experimentation, mechanical design and build, as well as current and future equipment acquisition, installation, process analysis, process implementation, process control and measurement/metrics.
- Application of design and mechanical engineering proficiency and expertise to assigned projects. This includes new mechanical designs, as well as modification of existing drawings and models.
- Ability to generate concepts and mechanical designs for jigs, fixtures, equipment elements and machine sub-assemblies. Generate CAD models and drawings for all golf ball operations (GBO) mechanical requirements, projects and processes. This includes, but is not limited to, ball mold tooling, automated equipment, machine tool work cells, hydraulics, pneumatics, all ball mold manufacturing tooling and equipment, as well as injection, compression and cast ball mold tooling.
- Design, analysis modification and troubleshooting process tooling and equipment. Evaluate and assess tolerancing and defined quality standards on assigned components, systems, automated and manual equipment, machine tools, work cells and processes.
- Design, conduct and coordinate machining and manufacturing operations experiments, pilots and trials. Use project definition methodology and scoping tools to identify critical process factors for continuous process improvement, as well as key performance indicators (KPI). Generate in-process, quality control and transition plans throughout the manufacturing environment. Collect, review and analyze data using computer and systems tools such as Excel. Project, Minitab and QAS.
- Evaluate and/or supervise fabrication, assembly and debugging of projects designed by self, other team members, or commercially acquired equipment and tooling Work with internal and external vendors to order tooling, components.
- Responsible for equipment and work cell troubleshooting for optimal operating efficiency, as well as developing and documenting mechanical engineered concepts and solutions
- Create engineering documentation, including training manuals, data analysis, power point presentations, etc. to support project development initiatives and decisions. Develop training packages and deliver training as needed to team members.
This job description is designed to broadly cover the activities and responsibilities required of the employee to be successful in the role. It is not designed to contain a specific list of all job duties. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be changed or be assigned at any time based on business need with or without notice.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related engineering course of study is required
- 0-2 years experience in mechanical design; related activities such as design of devices, machine fabrication, Solidworks AutoCAD modeling.
- Demonstrated understanding of pneumatics, hydraulics systems, schematics, PLC programming (schematics, logic & I/O), CNC equipment, machine troubleshooting (isolation techniques), machine fabrication techniques, and machining tolerances.
- Experience with statistical tools or 6 sigma training
- Ability to work in manufacturing environment, including being able to interact with equipment.
- May be required to crouch, stoop, kneel, stand, and climb in order to perform duties.
- Must not be adversely impacted by materials in the lab.
- This assignment may require domestic and/or international travel, as well as potentially working off-shift or weekends.
- Solidworks and AutoCAD proficiency.
- Strong skill in communication and ability to convey understanding of complex information.
- Good interpersonal behaviors and detail orientation
- Must demonstrate strong work ethic and commitment to hours of operation. An example includes strict adherence to attendance expectations.
- Must work effectively, both independently as well as within a team, as appropriate.
- Must demonstrate respect for organizational policies and procedures, including but not limited to Safety and Quality.
- Must demonstrate respect for others through effective communication with peers, team leaders, and managers.
- Must pass all Health Services testing requirements for this position.