Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission – to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete!
The Senior Industrial Engineer-Distribution is responsible for analyzing distribution operations and identifying enhancements in systems, equipment, processes, and facilities that will enable Acushnet company to deliver industry leading customer service while achieving continuous improvements in teamwork, efficiency, and safety. This role will coordinate and lead both internal and external resources in executing projects designed to strengthen Acushnet Company's distribution operational excellence.
- Support strategic planning and analysis through forecasting, capacity modeling and network modeling. Working with external resources; assist distribution leadership in selecting and acquiring warehouse space in target labor market areas. Support facility lease negotiations.
- Provide project management for strategic operational excellence improvement opportunities, lead concept development, engineering design, and collaboration with 3rd parties on system/equipment/facilities build, unit testing, integration testing, project management, implementation, and post "go-live" hyper-care periods as part of handoff to operations.
- Support designing new facilities and facility retrofits. Work with internal and external resources in developing business case proposals including cost estimates and projected payback associated with proposals.
- Support selection, configuration, and implementation of Warehouse Management, Warehouse Control, and Transportation Management Systems (WMS/WCS/TMS). In conjunction with DC operations team and IS resources, provide data, process documentation, and testing support necessary to insure systems solutions deliver customer service requirements for order quality, accuracy, and timeliness. Validate that proposed system solutions, processes, and equipment work seamlessly in executing distribution tasks of receiving, put-away, replenishment, picking, packing, returns, kitting, and shipping.
- Support the implementation of material handling systems that enable capacity and productivity improvements. Support the engineering needs for Distribution by being the subject matter expert for all material handling equipment currently used or that has the potential to be used within the distribution center. Provide support for installed vendor systems and equipment to minimize downtime and maintenance expense.
- Support development and implementation of engineered labor standards for distribution center functions and ensure reporting mechanisms to measure actual performance to standard. Provide training and support operations on the proper use of engineering labor standards for costing, staffing, and performance measurement.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives. Utilizing process mapping techniques, document and evaluate current and proposed procedures. Maintain prioritized listing of enhancements for documented processes and estimated cost/level of effort to implement and return on any necessary capital/expense investment. Provide documentation support for development of DC ops training materials.
- Develop reports and tools using BI applications to inform operational decisions, track distribution performance KPIs, and automate repetitive work. Maintain and update dataset on global DC operations and performance.
- Bachelor of Science (Master’s degree preferred) in Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, or Supply Chain Management.
- 5-7 years’ experience as an Industrial Engineer supporting Distribution Center operations for a global apparel/footwear/sports equipment manufacturer.
- Significant Project management experience implementing greenfield facility, facility retrofit, warehouse management system, conveyor system, warehouse control system, goods to person automation enhancements.
- Ideal candidate will have recent experience at implementing medium to large scale goods to person (Autostore, shuttle system) automation system.
- Role will support projects globally. Domestic and international travel required up to 25% of the time depending on project requirements.
- Project work may require weekend and extended days in order to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to observe operations and physically navigate typical Distribution Center internal and external environment including climbing stairs.
- Good interpersonal, organizational, and planning skills. Ability to work in a matrixed/team environment with little supervision.
- AutoCAD skills required. Advanced Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, database management tools (Qlik, Cognos preferred)
- Experience with data mining software (SQL/Python) is preferred. Certification in MOST engineering standards strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) required, Manhattan Associates WMS experience preferred Six Sigma/LEAN certification would be an advantage