Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission - to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete!
The Associate Product Developer for Titleist Gear will serve as a partner and liaison between Product Development, Design, and Product Marketing under the guidance of senior development as it relates to the exploration of new products, constructions and the creation of industry-leading golf gear products.
- Development execution
- Work closely with our product creation teams under the management of senior developers to gain alignment and a thorough understanding of global gear initiatives.
- Maintain all category project information and ensure its accuracy.
- Work with the design team to ensure the accuracy of all tech packs.
- Communicate and enter the appropriate tech packs into the PLM system.
- Apply learned product and development knowledge during the product creation process.
- Attend meetings with our product creation team members during all phases of the development process.
- Identify and adhere to all calendar milestones during the process that leads to on-time product confirmation and sample delivery.
- Consistently review and evaluate the status of projects and communicate with the product creation team.
- Understand and adhere to development objectives according to critical dates and performance/profitability goals.
- Anticipate potential challenges and plan accordingly to deliver proven and tested products and ensure manufacturing of product concepts for all products.
- Material execution
- Provide materials knowledge and guidance, as learned, in the exploration and identification of materials specific to Gear product with an emphasis on aesthetics, performance, quality, cost and sustainability.
- Help manage and curate a robust library of these assets which may include supplier catalogs, seasonal options, technical specifications, testing qualifications, and environmental options.
- Organize and maintain a material library in New Bedford and in PLM system.
- Work with factory partners to ensure all data is entered accurately and efficiently.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the product development and creation teams during the seasonal development stages to ensure samples are being developed adhering to the product creation calendar.
- Learn the Gear network of vendors.
- Work with vendors and factory partners with guidance from your Development Manager to ensure all materials meet Gear quality and integrity standards.
- Use knowledge to interact and collaborate with our product creation teams to align on product initiatives.
- Build and maintain clear communication channels, both written and verbal, with our Asia development staff and product development team under the guidance of your Development Manager to ensure that all relevant details of projects are clearly understood.
- Effectively select and use the most appropriate communication tools to assist in the product creation process from initial concept through to commercialization under the guidance of your Development Manager.
- Work directly with your Development Manager, product design and product marketing to elevate product execution, explore construction options, and address cost concerns during the design/development phase.
- Consumer Knowledge:
- Actively learn and maintain connections to our Gear consumer profiles to improve product performance, appearance and success.
- Work to build in-depth knowledge in regard to consumer, design, trends, production techniques and new technologies with regards to golf Gear products.
- Learn the specific needs of our consumers and contribute to our seasonal product briefing process where appropriate.
- Help to collect and report competitive research to understand the latest technologies in the golf gear and golf industries.
- Learn the target golf consumers and his or her needs.
- BS/BA 4 year college degree is required.
- Active product background and/or 1-3 years of experience in development-related activities.
- Knowledge and proficiency in materials management are preferred.
- Interest in product processes, constructions of gear type products and materials a plus.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- Know-how in MS office and familiarity with Adobe Illustrator or other Adobe platforms.
- Experience in PLM systems; Centric software is a plus.
- Ability and documentation for both domestic and international travel may be required.
- This person must be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- An interest in how things are made, processes and materials is desired.
- Communication skills must be strong with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with Far East partners on a daily basis.
- Self-motivation and strong decision-making capabilities are key.
- This Individual must be team-oriented and willing to step in where needed.
- PLM experience is a plus.
- Product Calendar Management is required.