Acushnet Company (Titleist | FootJoy) is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance driven golf equipment and golf wear which are widely recognized for quality excellence. Driven by a focus on dedicated and discerning golfers and the golf shops that serve them, we believe that we are the most authentic and enduring company in the game of golf.
The Director Enterprise Risk Management ("ERM") and Corporate Social Responsibility will be responsible to plan, design, monitor and implement Enterprise Risk Management, Environmental, Social & Governance and Supply Chain processes and programs. Develop and implement systems for oversight of activities related to the company‘s supply chain, its environmental and social impacts and application of sustainability principles while supporting the Company’s Mission, Vision and Values. The Director will be a subject matter expert and influential strategic advisor to senior leadership (including the Company’s Risk Management Committee) and will need to be comfortable to flex between strategy and team engagement as well as rolling up their sleeves and working through project details.
- Working with the Risk Management Committee, develop and oversee the strategy, design, and implementation of a comprehensive ERM system, delivering the tools, practices, policies, analyses and reports necessary to identify, evaluate, mitigate, and monitor the Company’s efforts to address operational and strategic risks across the organization.
- Engage and develop effective working relationships to recommend and support cooperative responses to risk management matters and issues, including changes to process, people, and systems. Provide guidance and training to promote risk awareness, ownership, and accountability
- Analyze existing and assist in the strategizing, development, implementation, and evaluation of long-term sustainability programs that support ESG criteria objectives. Working with many others across the Company, lead and coordinate building strategic models and a strategic roadmap.
- Bring together and consolidate multi-national and multiproduct efforts on ESG and other sustainability efforts to prepare public reporting, formal sustainability reports and website and proxy statement publications. Serve as the core expert on a range of sustainability and environmental topics, including waste, water, energy, and climate.
- Partner with brand sourcing associates and suppliers to map supply chain, complete risk analysis and factory approvals, coordinate factory audits and subsequent remediation plans, ensure implementation of Supplier Citizenship policy, and manage processes and ongoing compliance.
- Manage external NGO and stakeholder relationships to protect and enhance the Company’s reputation in risk management, supply chain compliance and ESG areas.
- Support compliance activities associated with all supply chain requirements, including conflict minerals rules, modern slavery & human trafficking, supply chain sustainability and other special projects as required.
- Identify gaps in practices and procedures and develop process improvements throughout the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in finance, risk management, environmental science or engineering, sustainability, supply chain management or related field of study.
- 5-15 years of relevant industry experience with specific experience in the areas of: enterprise risk management, supply chain compliance, and sustainability program development and execution.
- Periodic travel.
- Thorough understanding of best practices of risk management and supply chain compliance
- Proven expertise in building and nurturing relationships with ERM/ESG/Supply Chain leaders and influencers
- Knowledge of environmental laws, ESG reporting frameworks and methodologies including Science Based Targets, net zero, GRI and SASB, and the GHG Protocol
- Excellent verbal and written skills to persuade and influence decision making of individuals, groups, or work teams, and to explain risk and insurance concepts and supply chain compliance best practices
- Proficiency in translating technical knowledge into meaningful messages for internal and external audiences
- Experience working closely with Senior Management and Project Management in planning and carrying out strategic objectives
- Strong research, analytical and advisory skills, including the ability to review, evaluate and counsel internal clients on complex and routine matters
- Sound business judgement, with the ability to identify issues and manage complexity and ambiguity
- Excellent time and data management skills, organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to manage critical deadlines, with the ability to oversee a fast-paced, constantly changing sourcing environment
- Ability to work independently while contributing successfully to cross-functional teams.
- Positive, self-motivated individual with excellent interpersonal skills, enthusiastic working style, and the ability to be a solutions-oriented and a collaborative team player.