Associate Manager Payroll
Fairhaven, Massachusetts, United States
Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission – to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete!
The Associate Manager of Payroll will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Payroll Group. This role supervises payroll cycles processing 2,500 multi state hourly, non-exempt and salaried employees using ADP PayForce, while ensuring compliance with all Federal, State and local regulations.
- Supervise day-to-day payroll operations.
- Review of all data entry and assist with timecard approval and auditing in eTime.
- Process bi-weekly payroll ensures accuracy of data through pre-processing audit, timely payment for all payrolls, post-processing review and signoff, review of cash funding requirements.
- Manage the processing of special payments such as gross-ups for prizes and awards, financial planning, grantor trust, Healthwise gift cards, United Way.
- Assist staff with research and resolution of payroll-related issues.
- Manage annual audits of 401k contributions and loans from ADP to Fidelity.
- Review Expense Reports for compliance with internal expense policy and IRS Regulations, work with Associates to resolve any non-compliant issues, provide on-going support for Associate training and questions.
- Coordinate year-end and W-2 processing.
- Coordinate multi-step year-end process, assign to Associate and ensure all tasks are completed. Tasks include, but not limited to;
- Ensuring that all taxable/non-taxable payments are included in earnings per IRS requirements.
- Running adjustment payrolls for gross-ups and tax adjustments,
- Reconciling Wage and Tax Register to Tax Returns to W-2 Totals
- Reviewing W-2s for accuracy
- Resetting accruals
- Loading balances into eTime
- Calculating payouts and carryovers
- Clearing out prior year benefits to prepare payroll system for the current year
- Providing year-end reports (such as Gross Earnings by State, Comp Statements, and Pensionable Earnings to internal departments).
- Determine appropriate use of resources to meet goals and schedules. Mentor, train, develop and evaluate payroll staff.
- Coordinate with Tour Finance Specialist for the creation of the Leadership payroll file, auditing data and payroll processing.
- Coordinate year-end tax filings with Tour Finance Specialist and 3rd party vendor.
- Administer ADP Time and Attendance system and user training for team leads and supervisors.
- Reconcile relocation with Accounting and the 3rd party administrator.
- Perform relocation audit to test the adequacy of federal tax assistance.
- Ensure all relocation is accurately recorded and reported in ADP.
- Ensure accuracy of year-end reconciliation and W-2 reporting of relocation expenses.
- Assist Sr Manager Payroll with updating internal policies and process documents for payroll. This documentation should include but is not limited to, overtime process, wage increases, new employees, employee data changes, bonus processing.
- Manage and provide reports for all external audits, including but not limited to 401k Audit, 401k Non-Discrimination Testing, Abandoned Property, Workers Compensation, IRS and State Agency audits.
- BS in Accounting/Finance/Management required.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of payroll related experience required. 2 years supervisory/lead experience preferred.
- Extensive experience with ADP Payroll systems including strong working knowledge of ADP Reporting and ADP Time and Attendance (Experience with Stock Based Compensation a plus)
- Expert in Excel
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume processing environment
- Significant attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and handle competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently with a high sense of urgency.
- Strong initiative and good judgment skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information appropriately.