This job is archived
- Assists in seeking new business and ensures return business in order to meet or exceed revenue goals. Participates in pre-event presentations, property tours, and customer meetings.
- Develops a marketing plan designed to increase revenue growth in both the corporate and social markets.
- Ensures proper management of all catered events, including, but not limited to: basic set up, table placement, buffet design, bar location, sales, marketing, planning, merchandising, servicing, and corresponding administrative procedures.
- Prepares, implements, and compiles data for various reports such as Weekly Catering Revenue Forecasts, and other reports as directed.
- Assists in the development of catering and banquet menus, banquet wine lists and bar menus, pricing, catering contracts, and rental fees.
- Develops and maintains vendor profiles to include: audio visual, floral, equipment rental and photographers.
- Ensures accurate and timely invoicing for all services rendered, to include recording events in the POS system.
- Develops a month calendar, listing all of the existing catering events.  Communicates with various departments regarding event details to ensure successful completion of all events.
- Develops banquet event orders and conducts weekly meetings to review with staff.  Develops and distributes a 10-day forecast with complete banquet event orders.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to any Convention and Catering staff such as: Coordinator, Host, Set Up Staff, Supervisor, Server.
- Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate.  Develops ongoing training programs.
- Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
- Produce and update competitive price set on a yearly basis.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining excellent service to achieve guest satisfaction.
- Communicates any changes or new policies and procedures to the department.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Conducts staff meetings with subordinates.
- Associate&rsquos degree (AA and two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and POS systems.
- Prior supervisory and management experience.
- Driver&rsquos License may be required.