Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Oversees accounting operations in Troon’s Shared Accounting group. The Shared Accounting group provides centralized accounting services to Troon’s managed clubs. The Regional Controller is responsible for reviewing financial packages and balance sheet reconciliations, as well as budgets and forecasts. Other responsibilities include supporting the operations team with ad hoc requests and financial analyses, and managing a team of Shared Accountants.
• Directly oversees accounting operations for a portfolio of managed golf clubs; reviews deliverables including the monthly financial package, cash flow forecasts, and balance sheet reconciliations.
• Supports annual external audit process where applicable.
• Ensures compliance with financial and operational controls in accordance with the Troon’s standard operating procedures.
• Supports the operations teams in the preparation of the annual budgets and periodic forecasts.
• Identifies and analyzes significant variances from budgeted results and participates in the development of annual projections.
• Periodically attends finance committee meetings.
• Collaborates with operations team to understand top objectives and establish priorities.
• Manages a team of 2-3 Shared Accountants; provides ongoing training and coaching.
• Oversees accounting transitions; collaborates with company transition leaders to coordinate a smooth and thorough integration process.
• Conducts internal audit fieldwork and prepares internal audit reports.
• Make visits to managed golf clubs on a periodic basis.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; and 5-7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Approximately 10% travel
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
• Strong Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office skills required
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Must be customer focused and output driven
• Auditing, Tax, or other Compliance related experience a plus
• Jonas Club Management a plus
• Previous management experience a plus
• Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
Strategic solutions for today’s golf businesses. Troon started as one facility in 1990 and has since grown to become the world’s largest professional club management company. We provide services to 595+ locations and 645+ golf courses, while also managing various amenities, such as tennis, aquatics, fitness, food & beverage, lodging and more. We have grown our company by listenin...