Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Troon in Scottsdale, AZ is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Payroll Analyst. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service to the clubs managed by Troon.
• Prepare payroll billings, journal entries and other internal accounting documents
• Conduct research, analysis and resolution to payroll related tax notices and inquiries
• Analyze payroll tax data in the preparation and filing of amended tax returns
• Provide excellence in client service to internal and external clients
• Ensure payroll tax is properly withheld and reported
• Lead quarter-end and year-end efforts to deliver on regulatory requirements
• Prepare new tax agency enrollments for account set-up with the third party vendor
• Resolve out-of-balance conditions between payroll system and tax vendor
• Review W-2’s and W-2C’s for accuracy
• Manage and stay abreast of all payroll legislative changes to stay 100% compliant
• Analyze, reconcile, audit, and report payroll tax information for multiple entities
• Establish state and local jurisdictional accounts for withholding and unemployment
• Research and respond to all tax notices and ensure proper invoicing
• Serve as the payroll tax expert and representative to all internal and external parties
• Review tax rates for accuracy with tax vendor and validate against payroll system
• Other related payroll tax duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting/related field or experience in related field preferred
• 3 years of payroll tax experience in a large multi-state/multi-entity company
• A background in a fast paced, dynamic, multi-priority environment, is a must
• Good understanding of employee taxing in a multi-state environment and localities in Pennsylvania and Ohio
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word is required
• CPP preferred
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences
• Ability to read and speak English is required in order to perform the duties of the job
• Detail oriented, with ability to focus on and comprehend numerical and financial data
• Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving abilities
• Customer-service oriented
• Excellent verbal and written upward communication skills required
• Ability to work under time constraints and meet schedules; at times with unexpected deadlines, to ensure client’s payroll needs are met
• Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Proficient in Windows PC environment with strong Excel skills
• Job is on site at corporate office in Scottsdale, AZ. Job does not require travel
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
Strategic solutions for today’s golf businesses. Troon started as one facility in 1990 and has since grown to become the world’s largest professional club management company. We provide services to 595+ locations and 645+ golf courses, while also managing various amenities, such as tennis, aquatics, fitness, food & beverage, lodging and more. We have grown our company by listenin...