Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
The Sr. SEC Financial Reporting Analyst is responsible for assisting with the timely and accurate preparation of the Company’s internal and external financial statements, including the preparation of the Company’s SEC filings on Forms 10-Q and 10-K, which include updating and/or compiling footnote disclosures as well as compiling supporting documentation. Candidate is also responsible for performing account analysis and researching period-over period financial statement fluctuations to help complete the Company’s internal and external financial reporting. Additionally, candidate is responsible for the accounting and reconciliation of the Company’s fixed assets and leases utilizing specialty software. Candidate is expected to collaborate with financial and non-financial teams at the Company’s subsidiaries (both domestic and international) in order to ensure the timely compilation of accounting information necessary for financial reporting.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the financial reporting process for the preparation of required quarterly and annual SEC filings, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q and earnings releases.
- Assist in the process of pulling together footnote information to be included in SEC filings.
- Assist in the adoption and ongoing support of XBRL financial reporting.
- Maintain control file to support all of the data and disclosures made in internal and external financial reports.
- Assist with the monthly and quarterly close process and prepare internal management reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly consolidated financial statement reports for internal and external management reporting.
- Write P&L and Balance Sheet variance analysis for Management Summary Book. This requires coordination with various departments throughout the Company both domestically and internationally
- Assist external auditors with support for annual audit procedures.
- Assist in the accounting of fixed assets including recording asset additions/disposals, intercompany transfers, and depreciation, as well as maintaining the global, consolidated fixed asset roll-forward schedules.
- Assist in accounting for leases including entering new lease agreements into the Company’s leasing reporting software, reconciling and performing roll forwards of lease activity.
- Assist with 401(k) audits with external auditors.
- Assist with statutory audits of the Company’s foreign subsidiaries.
- Complete special requests and projects on a timely basis.
- Perform SOX testing to support corporate audit in their annual SOX assessment.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize deadlines, and complete assignments accurately and timely.
- General technical accounting knowledge.
- Solid understanding of internal controls.
- Self-starter who is results-oriented.
- Must excel in team oriented environments.
- Must be highly organized, efficient and analytical.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to prepare presentations for top management.
- Strong computer skills and experience using ERP systems.
- SAP and Workiva proficiency a plus.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related subject.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in public accounting or financial reporting in private industry.
- Financial reporting experience with strong understanding of SEC/GAAP requirements.
- Sarbanes-Oxley 404 experience preferred.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.