This role is within the FP&A/Commercial Finance at our Retail Support Centre in Warrington working closely with the warehousing and logistics function to drive cost efficiencies.
The successful candidate will provide periodic reporting, forecasting, analytical insight and challenge, whilst supporting the operations team, warehousing and distribution functions of American Golf and the wider group. The individual will be required to help identify cost-saving opportunities and to improve the efficiency of the logistics operations whilst supporting the development and implementation of solutions
The ideal candidate will have a finance background (preferably with an accounting qualification CIMA/ACCA/ACA) with intermediate to advanced experience in a warehousing or logistics environment with strong analytical and relationship building skills.
- Timely reporting of all warehouse and courier related costs and KPI’s
- Monthly review and challenge of warehousing P&L, identifying areas for cost-saving whilst Investigating discrepancies and monitoring service levels
- Produce annual budgets and quarterly reforecasts for all carriage costs, and as well as providing detailed explanations for movements between forecasts
- Liaising with and providing group periodic forecasts to carriers and warehousing functions to assist in capacity planning
- Support the Operations team by providing quality and timely information and forecasts in a fast-changing and expanding retail environment
- Become a key link between Merchandising and operations, monitoring inbound and outbound unit flows, both B2B and B2C, developing processes and identifying areas for improvement
- Ownership of all Warehouse & Courier data, facilitating improvements in reporting and productivity, working collaboratively with IT & BI functions
- Working with eCommerce to identify the most cost-effective shipping methods across the UK and Europe
- Financial Modelling and analysis involving numerous business touchpoints and,multi-product variations
- Be the Finance lead on logistics projects and initiatives, delivering robust financial appraisals underpinned by operational input. Ensure robust financials are included in all business cases and that benefits are agreed and tracked accordingly.
- Assess current supply chain performance; help surface improvement opportunities that can deliver value by making the logistics operations more effective, cost-efficient, and better controlled.
- Review improvement opportunities and assess business impact; help prioritise opportunities and support the development of actions plans.
- Be adaptable and flexible in support of the wider finance and operations teams with ad hoc analysis
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, financial modelling, and handling/ cleansing of large data sets
- Strong numerical and analytical skills and the ability to manipulate and present data to produce meaningful information
- Natural problem solver with strong commercial acumen and business awareness
- Experience in Retail logistics & warehousing
- Comfortable dealing with and influencing senior business stakeholders
- Ability to establish, maintain and develop relationships with other departments.
- Understanding of a multi-faceted Supply Chain
- An enthusiastic and positive person with a strong work ethic
- Excellent/clear communication skills (verbal/written), including in conflict
Ability to design solutions and processes that meet complex business needs
What’s in it for you?
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- An extra day off to celebrate your birthday!
- 25% Staff Discount
- Company incentives