Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
The Virginian Golf Club and Nicewonder Inn in Bristol VA is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Accounting Assistant. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service to the clubs managed by Troon.
Assist in day to day finance operations and he / she is primarily responsible for computing, recording, collecting, analysing and verifying numerical data for use in maintaining accounting records of the financial operations of the hotel. Additionally responsible for generating bills and collect all revenue owed to the hotel in an accurate, timely manner in accordance with accounting policies and procedures.
• Assist in managing revenues received and dispersed including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, audit, General Ledger reporting.
• Cash handling functions for the hotel and reconcile all cash dropped at the front desk.
• Assist the Nicewonder Properties financial Controller with systems administration, G/L account reconciliation, budget preparations, inventories, monthly closings and full P & L responsibility.
• Review and approve all reconciliation and audit work papers.
• Perform follow-up billing and credit collection documentation and inform Controller of any potential uncollected accounts.
• Bill out credit cards (AMEX, DINERS, etc.) and also maintain accurate and legible logs for all credit cards.
• Verify if credit card service charge is billed correctly for all credit card transactions.
• Reviewing all ledger details guest ledger, city ledger and deposit ledgers to validate proper payment and revenue posting.
• Review the postings, payments, revenue and guest balance reports on a daily basis.
• Ensure correct taxation are applied on all billing software like Property Management systems (PMS), Point of Sale (POS) and SPA software's.
• Maintains accounting databases by entering data into the accounting program.
• Assists with reimbursable invoicing.
• Assist in reconciling open account status items.
Experience / Education / Certification Requirements:
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail. Ability to compile facts and figures. Command of the English language both written and verbal.
• Proficiency with MS Office (Excel / Word) and finance software systems
• Bachelors degree
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
• Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
Strategic solutions for today’s golf businesses. Troon started as one facility in 1990 and has since grown to become the world’s largest professional club management company. We provide services to 595+ locations and 645+ golf courses, while also managing various amenities, such as tennis, aquatics, fitness, food & beverage, lodging and more. We have grown our company by listenin...