This job is archived
Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
Under moderate supervision, the Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for the audit, review and data entry of indirect purchase, service invoices, direct inventory, and recurring purchases. Incumbent is also responsible for creating month-end A/P accrual journal entries.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Roles and responsibilities will be focused on high volume of direct, inventory, and freight purchases for multiple entities.
- Compare invoices against purchase orders, prices, terms of payment and other charges
- Strong problem-solving skills with attention to detail and sound judgement. Able to research and resolve invoice discrepancies with internal and external contacts to ensure proper accounting entry and processing in a timely manner.
- Enforce and uphold Callaway Golf Purchasing Policy guidelines.
- Audit supplier invoices for accuracy and policy compliance.
- Research and resolve outstanding invoices and/or goods receipts.
- Perform vendor reconciliations, identify, and resolve all discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Review and research vendor statements to ensure unrecorded liabilities are identified and processed in proper accounting period.
- Assist with preparing the quarterly FOB accrual entry and other accruals, as needed.
- Interact with all levels of Callaway Golf employees and supplier contacts regarding payment status of invoices.
- Research and collect on aged debit balances on a quarterly basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Intermediate understanding of accounts payable process specifically related to purchase orders, direct purchases, and inventory purchases.
- Able to manage a significant workload while maintaining a high quality of performance and service.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Ability to multitask, stay organized and manage time effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient at Excel, Word, Microsoft Outlook.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 years previous experience in Accounts Payable, preferably in a multi-state environment.
- Prior experience with SAP, preferred.
- Technologically savvy is a plus.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer