Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
(Archived) Assistant Management Accountant
Based in St Andrews, The R&A runs professional championships including The Open and the AIG Women’s British Open, elite amateur golf events, international matches and manages golf rankings. The R&A also owns and operates the British Golf Museum in St Andrews.
The R&A, through R&A Rules Ltd, governs the sport worldwide, outside of the United States and Mexico, on behalf of over 36 million golfers in 143 countries and with the consent of 157 organisations from amateur and professional golf. The R&A is at the forefront in modernising the sport and making it more relevant to today’s society.
The R&A Group has expanded significantly in the last five years with group turnover now in excess of £100 million and a full-time staff of over 200. Operating independently from The R&A Group, The Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews was founded in 1754 and is one of the most prestigious golf clubs in the world. The R&A’s purpose is to make golf more accessible, appealing and inclusive and to ensure it is thriving 50 years from now. The Finance Department plays a key role in supporting that purpose. There are currently 14 members of the Finance team.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the finance team at The R&A. We are looking for an Assistant Management Accountant to provide direct support to the Finance Manager. The Assistant Management Accountant will be primarily responsible for the preparation of management accounts, budgets and forecasts for The Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews (The Club), R&A Group Services Limited (“Group Services”) and R&A Rules Limited. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in a similar role and have previous experience of producing management accounts and budgets for divisions or entities. The role also requires excellent communication skills as the successful candidate will be expected to work closely with other departments throughout the organisation.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Core responsibilities are for The Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews (The Club), R&A Group Services Limited (“Group Services”) and R&A Rules Limited:
• Preparation of quarterly management accounts for The Club, Group Services and R&A Rules Ltd.
• Preparation of budgets and forecasts for The Club, Group Services & R&A Rules Ltd.
• Maintain fixed asset registers for The Club, Group Services and R&A Rules Ltd.
• Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
• Assist with the preparation of VAT returns.
• Review and variance analysis to Budget of monthly trading activities for The Club (Food & Beverage and Club Shop) .
• Checking and coding of invoices and expenses.
• Assist with capital expenditure budgets including large scale property projects.
• Provide support to the Facilities Management function and Group Services departments as required.
• Preparation of statistical returns throughout the year.
• Contribute to the development of the new financial system (Netsuite) within the Group Finance function.
• Process investment portfolio transactions into the financial system.
• Assist the Finance Manager and with ad hoc finance projects as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Significant experience of working in a Finance Environment.
• Proven track record in a similar role.
• Experience of preparing management accounts, budgets & forecasts.
• An understanding of stock management systems.
• Experience of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and competent with Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP.
• Experience of using Netsuite.
• Knowledge of VAT partial exemption.
In addition, the successful candidate should:
• Have excellent written and spoken communication skills.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with people at all levels.
• Have excellent attention to detail.
• Have the ability to multitask and prioritise, taking responsibility for their own workload.
• Be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Have a proven ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales.
• Have a respect for confidentiality, discretion and taking the initiative.
• Display excellent workflow management.
• Always be prepared to ‘go the extra mile’ in delivering service on time and to the highest standards.
Please note that we are unable to provide sponsorship for a work visa so candidates should ensure they already have or are able to obtain the right to work in the UK before applying.
35 hours, Mon – Fri – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m
Full time – Permanent
Closing date: midday on Monday 25th January 2021
Fife, Scotland, United Kingdom
The R&A employ staff in a diverse range of departments including golf development, course management, equipment testing, hospitality, Championship operations, Rules, finance, IT, marketing and communications, and golf heritage.
Our jobs vacancies page displays employment opportunities in both permanent and temporary roles. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals and encourage...