Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
This position is responsible for assisting with technical projects related to new process implementation, process improvements, and cost savings while assisting the manufacturing operation with administrative and technical support. The incumbent is responsible for the daily execution of experiments, data organization and analysis, report generation, and general production support. As a secondary function, the employee will assist in basic administrative tasks related to manufacturing as determined by the Engineering Manager and Plant Manager.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manufacturing Quality Systems Support
- Continually seek process and system improvements to increase process capability, production yields, and productivity
- Under the guidance of senior engineers, assist in the execution of capability improvements and cost-savings/avoidance opportunities
- Use sound scientific methods and principles to assist in troubleshooting and also the execution of both small and large scale pilots
- Track and document all projects, detailing methods used, critical parameters, and detailed observations and conclusions.
- Track engineering equipment related inventory and place orders for spare parts and materials
- Communicate effectively with users to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions
- Regularly drive the audit of systems and processes to provide feedback/direction on improvement
- Research and evaluate new documentation tools, methods, and systems; implementing improvements to processes and troubleshooting issues
- Ensure standardization of systems and processes across teams and regions
- Plan, execute, and track projects
- Work with stakeholders to define scope, goals, budget, deliverables, required resources, and timeline
- Prepare and present project status during regularly scheduled and ad hoc project review meetings
- Work with management to ensure project changes are understood and approved
- Evaluate all key project deliverables, as well as final product, to ensure traceability of requirements, high quality, and user acceptance
- Provide necessary feedback to Production Supervisors regarding best practices and training opportunities
- Help to establish and document manufacturing instructions, where appropriate
- Act as the primary backup for Production Supervisors for production coverage; This may include other operational tasks as determined by the Engineering Manager and Plant Manager
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
- Competency with Microsoft Works programs including Excel, Word and Access
- Use and understand a wide variety of manufacturing equipment and programs to enhance and support manufacturing processes
- Ability to manage various projects, multi-task, and assign tasks when required.
- Excellent process identification, evaluation, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from management and other departments.
- Ability to work independently and rapidly adapt and respond to priority changes based on business needs.
- Work extended hours and travel in critical situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
- Ability to maintain professional customer relations and to deal responsively with management and peers.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree in a related field preferred
- 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT (if applicable)
- Extensive use of office equipment and other business related machines and software.
Callaway Golf is an EEO