Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Routinely uses devices such as scales, electronic indicators, applied force and rebound instruments, both mechanical and electronic, to conduct periodic physical measurements of finished and unfinished golf balls, mantles and centers.
- Utilizes computer software programs to manipulate and transmit data, and prepare unbiased graphical analysis of tested samples.
- Complete spreadsheets and data collection programs to simplify the dissemination of information accumulated in laboratory testing.
- Conduct studies to verify measurement processes to continuously improve turnaround time, precision and accuracy, and reduce paperwork.
- Performs in house calibration procedures for measurement equipment and maintain a gage management system.
- Ensures the integrity of the electronic data filing system.
- Promptly alert supervisors and others to any discrepancies or nonconformance.
- Performs routine audits of production processes related to quality
- Supports engineering in the qualification of new tooling, processes, and materials via tracking pilots and presenting data as a complete package in a non-biased summary in an expeditious fashion.
- Supports R & D and Marketing in the testing of new products, submissions to USGA.
- Maintain necessary files, records, and computer databases of historical information.
- Works towards improvements for process efficiencies
- Work in a safe manner following all PPE and standardized processes
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Windows operating systems
- Basic knowledge of statistical concepts and strong mathematical skills
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree from an accredited 2 year college
- or one to three years related experience and/or training in field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelors Degree from a 4 year college or greater preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT if applicable
- The employee may be frequently expose to fumes or airborne particles
- The employee is regularly required to sit at a computer for long periods of time
- Will be required to use vision including close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Occasionally required to lift up to 50 lbs.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification and it may be changed by management at any time.  Other duties may also apply.  Distribution of this item outside of the Company without an authorized release is a violation of Company policy.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer