Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
This position is responsible for production and engineering assistance with technical projects related to Rubber Mixing and Molding including new process implementation, process improvements, and cost savings while assisting the manufacturing operation with technical support.  The incumbent is responsible for the daily execution of manufacturing technical oversight, experiments, data organization and analysis, report generation, and general production support.  As a secondary function, the employee will assist in basic administrative tasks related to engineering as determined by the Senior Process Engineer, Principal Engineers, and Engineering Management Director.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Rubber Mixing and Molding Process Support and Development
- Setup injection molds and related equipment for sample and production
- Start up and cycle tools in accordance with documented process standards and startup qualification procedures
- Facilitate pilot runs and experiments as directed
- Continually seek process and system improvements to increase process capability, production yields, and productivity
- Under the guidance of senior engineers, assist in the execution of capability improvements and cost-savings/avoidance opportunities
- Use sound scientific methods and principles to assist in troubleshooting and also the execution of both small and large scale pilots
- Track and document all projects, detailing methods used, critical parameters, and detailed observations and conclusions.
- Track engineering equipment related inventory and place orders for spare parts and materials
- Communicate effectively with users to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions
- Regularly drive the audit of systems and processes to provide feedback/direction on improvement
- Research and evaluate new documentation tools, methods, and systems implementing improvements to processes and troubleshooting issues
- Ensure standardization of systems and processes across production shifts and teams
- Assist in new equipment evaluation and commissioning
- Prepare maintenance work orders and defining preventive maintenance programs
- Additional responsibilities within the technician pool may be assigned
- Provide necessary feedback to Production Supervisors regarding best practices and training opportunities
- Help to establish and document manufacturing instructions, where appropriate
- Act as the occasional backup for Production Supervisors for production coverage
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic knowledge of injection molding processes
- Basic knowledge of injection molding tooling
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
- Competency with Microsoft Works programs including Excel, Word and Access
- Use and understand a wide variety of manufacturing equipment and programs to enhance and support manufacturing processes
- Ability to manage various projects, multi-task, and assign tasks when required.
- Excellent process identification, evaluation, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from management and other departments.
- Ability to work independently and rapidly adapt and respond to priority changes based on business needs.
- Work extended hours and travel in critical situations, including weekends
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
- Ability to maintain professional customer relations and to deal responsively with management and peers.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate&rsquos degree in a related field preferred
- 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT if applicable
- Extensive use of office equipment and other business related machines and software.
- Frequently required to kneel and bend over at the waist
- Frequently required to stand to run the molding machine
- Occasionally required to lift up to 50 lbs
- Frequently exposed to excessive noise
- Occasionally exposed to dust, fumes or chemicals
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.