In Bristol, Virginia, the Virginian Golf Club & Nicewonder Farm & Vineyards are excited to announce a career opportunity for an Facilities Maintenance Technician. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service to the clubs managed by Troon. If you seek a forever career with a culture that promotes employee engagement, advancement, and on-the-job perks, we want to speak with you. Come join our enthusiastic and friendly team at The Virginian.
Provides engineering services for the facility and is responsible for the overall operation and condition of the buildings and all the associated equipment and systems used by associates and guests.
Key responsibilities of the Engineering Technician:
• Performs routine lodging inspections as assigned, including inspection of air conditioning equipment, furnace systems, plumbing fixtures, electrical fixtures, regular wear and tear, windows, doors, locks, and smoke detectors.
• Conducts routine building inspections as assigned, including inspecting floor coverings, window coverings, walls, ceilings, air vents and returns, electrical fixtures, and plumbing fixtures.
• Performs preventative maintenance inspections on regular equipment and systems as assigned, including freezers, refrigerators, general appliances, air handlers, HVAC equipment, sound systems, exercise equipment, pools, hot tubs, and general equipment for the facility.
• Performs regular scheduled maintenance tasks as assigned including evaluating the request, determining the resources needed to complete the task right the first time, completing the repair, notifying associates or guests of the work completed, and completing work order documentation.
• Performs unscheduled maintenance tasks and response to requests on a regular basis, including assessing the nature of the emergency, determining a solution to prevent further damage or problems, and identifying the resources needs to resolve the problem.
• Works closely with the Maintenance Manager to communicate outstanding issues or problems in completing assigned tasks. Seeks assistance or support when needed.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Performs other duties as required.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Driver’s License may be required. Other applicable mechanical/equipment licenses (Boiler, HVAC etc).
• Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job.