Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission - to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete.
The Manchester Lane Test Facility, Titleist's state-of-the-art golf ball research and testing facility in Acushnet, Massachusetts, is seeking an intern for Spring/Summer 2021. Tasked with advancing the techniques used to analyze and validate golf ball performance and upholding a commitment to product and process excellence, Manchester Lane continues to facilitate Titleist’s year-round R&D efforts. Today, Manchester Lane operates as the proving grounds for all Titleist golf ball products and serves a dual role as a Tour Fitting Center, offering premium club fitting services.
Continuous improvement is a core value at Titleist, and we are constantly working to improve our testing processes by building new and innovative ways to measure performance.
The duration of this internship will be from May 2021 to October 2021.
This role will assist the Manchester Lane Player Research representatives with product and club fitting operations.
- Assist fitting staff with daily activities at Manchester Lane.
- Assist staff with daily preparation for fittings and clean-up.
- Perform daily maintenance checks on equipment and golf cart.
- Assure clean storage and organization of all golf ball supply and club components.
- Greet and interact with customers in a professional manner.
- Assist product test team and or maintenance staff when needed.
- Review and prepare daily activities with Manchester Lane team. Assist with set-up
- Maintain a clean and organized environment
- Provide the highest possible level of service at all times.
- Passion for golf
- Golf knowledge. Prior experience in all facets of golf operations including inventory and financial control; employee motivation and training; golf instruction; tournament and event management; working knowledge of golf course maintenance.
- General knowledge of golf rules and regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of typical golf facility procedures
- Customer oriented
- Enthusiastic demeanor
- Dress code – professional golf attire.
- Must not be adversely affected by materials in a golf course environment.
- Must be able to lift 45 pounds and have the physical stamina at workstations for long periods of time as required to complete assignments.