American Golf is Europe's largest golf retailer with over 90 stores across the UK and Ireland. We recognise talent. For us, it’s all about loving what you do, whilst a passion for golf will be well received, it is more about the service and expertise we deliver as a business.
Based at our retail support centre in Warrington working 37.5 hours per week, As a Customer Insight Analyst, you will be responsible for creating and monitoring customer-centric reports and dashboards, responding to insight requests, and strategically delivering customer insight across the business to encourage customer-first decisions and actions. You will be naturally curious and unafraid of ‘big data’.
To note: we have a third-party agency (Go Inspire) that host and manage our database, as well as delivering project-based insights. This role will work extremely closely with them.
As the Customer Insight Analyst your responsibilities will include:
- Day-to-day contact for Go Inspire for any insight/report requests and queries
- Devise and implement new customer reports and dashboards for frequent queries, and as requested by senior managers
- Continuously monitor the effectiveness and value of existing reports, and make changes where necessary
- With the CRM Management team, set annual customer KPIs and brand health metrics
- Track key customer KPIs and regularly update stakeholders on performance & trends, providing context and suggestions for improvement
- Automate all customer reports – where possible
- Ensure all reports and dashboards are generated correctly and on time
- Be the business ‘super user’ for Tableau and deliver regular knowledge sharing sessions to ensure wider business understands the information provided
- Deliver analysis for customer insight requests with easy-to-understand findings, commentary, and tangible next steps
- Understand business challenges and priorities, and identify where customer insight can add tangible value
- For large scale insight requests, collate business requirements & goals, and brief into Go Inspire
- Provide customer insight for key business initiatives, e.g., Sale performance and store openings, and provide recommendations for future optimisation
- Work with the Customer Data Manager, and create new reports and logic when new datasets are integrated into the base
- Drive and encourage an ‘Actionable Insight’ mentality within the business
- Define and implement the insight briefing process
- Create and update a Customer Data Dictionary – with definitions for all KPIs and logic – ensuring there is understanding and continuity across the business
- Be the gatekeeper to Go Inspire – any insight requests should be moderated by you
- 3-5 years experience working in a similar analytical role – sporting or leisure industry a bonus
- Sound HTML and SQL knowledge essential (advanced training can be provided)
- Experience with customer insight and analytical platforms, e.g., Tableau, Einstein, QlikView
- Able to analyse large, complex data/reports and refine into tangible actions & storytelling
- Great attention to detail and a natural problem solver
- Able to work with multiple deadlines, in a fast-paced environment
- Naturally curious and unafraid of big data
- Confident communicator, able to work holistically across a business
What will you receive:
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays
- A day off to celebrate your Birthday!
- Staff discount
- Company bonus applicable
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Europe's Largest golf retailer and support our ongoing growth as a market leader. If you are interested in this position apply today!