American Golf is Europe's largest golf retailer with over 95 stores across the UK and Ireland. We recognise talent. For us, it’s all about loving what you do, whilst a passion for golf will be well received, it is more about the service and expertise we deliver as a business.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Service Team Leader to join the team based at our new Retail Support Centre in Warrington. Our Customer Contact Centre deal with all types of enquiry both pre and post-purchase delivering the highest standards of service. We believe that happy people keep people happy, so we’re looking for a Team Leader who has great interpersonal skills as you will be expected to deal with a range of customer queries across several channels; email, social media and very occasionally letter! A high standard of written communication is essential for this role as this is the team you will be responsible for. Our Customer Service Team Leader full-time contract is 40 hours per week on a shift rota basis during our operating hours of Monday to Friday 8 am and 8 pm, Saturday 8 am-6 pm and Sunday between 10 am – 4 pm. This is a fixed-term contract for 12 months to cover maternity leave.
- Providing first-class customer service
- Ensuring all communications are handled professionally and promptly which leave a lasting great impression on our customers
- Conducting regular coaching and training of team members including quality checking to ensure high standards are maintained and company policies adhered to
- Demonstrating strong product knowledge to ensure all customer queries are answered, non-golfers do not worry full training will be provided
- A constant focus on Continuous Improvement to ensure your team is working to maximum efficiency
- Using innovative methods of reward and recognition to motivate the team to achieve key targets set
- Provide insight, analysis and reporting
- Taking responsibility and prioritising the day to day running of your team, ensuring key set targets are achieved
- Dealing with any customer escalations promptly and professionally
- Working closely with other areas of the business to ensure we are providing a seamless customer journey, identifying any potential issues that may arise
What we need
- Excellent written skills
- Ability to build rapport and communicate in a helpful way
- Enjoy a creative and hardworking office environment
- Keyboard/Computing skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work with minimal supervision to achieve both customer and employee satisfaction
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A positive ‘can do’ approach
- Excellent analysing and reporting skills
- Strong organisation skills, problem-solving and using initiative when overcoming obstacles
- Experience in delivering coaching and development of colleagues
- Proven ability to work under pressure, prioritising multiple tasks to ensure set targets are achieved/exceeded
- Experience of working across a wide variety of communication channels • A strong desire to succeed with lots of enthusiasm and passion
What we offer
- 30 days (inclusive of public holidays)
- A day off to celebrate your Birthday!
- Staff discount for you, your family and friends
- Lead generation + site acquisition bonus
- Lifestyle benefits including; cycle to work scheme, reward and recognition scheme, company pension scheme and more!