The Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA), headquartered in Daytona Beach, FL, is currently seeking a full time, Director of Tournament Business Affairs. This position is responsible for renewing existing agreements, assisting in the addition of new tournaments, and managing the day-to-day relationships with assigned tournaments. This position will report to the Chief Tournament Business Officer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Serves as a primary liaison between the LPGA and several LPGA tournaments to ensure events are properly serviced; where applicable, presents recommendations for consideration and follows through with appropriate action.
- Responsible for the renewal of tournament agreements with assigned events.
- Assists with the development, negotiation and implementation of the tournament schedule.
- Responsible for the development of new tournaments and related sponsorships
- Assists with the development of LPGA owned and managed events.
- Works to improve the quality of assigned tournaments by way of personal visits and information exchange relative to marketing techniques, promotional options, special event opportunities and tournament production techniques.
- Attends tournament/sponsor meetings, player meetings etc. to report on and/or answer questions pertaining to assigned tournament/sponsor concerns.
- Participates in special projects and assignments as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Business and Sales preferred
- 7+ years of experience in golf tournament and sales experience
- Previous Tournament Director experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of PC-based word processing, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail applications, etc. (Microsoft family).
- Must be proficient in building extensive presentations for prospects and clients
- Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills are a must
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure, mobile environment, including extensive travel
- Work out of LPGA Headquarters in Daytona Beach, Florida
- Ability to travel extensively both domestically and internationally
The LPGA offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, paid time off, 401(k) with employer match, golf and fitness center privileges, access to all of our events, and many other great benefits to all full-time employees.
LOCATION – Headquarters
FULL-TIME/PART-TIME – Full-Time
We strive for diversity within our workforce. We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.