Acushnet Company (Titleist | FootJoy) is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance driven golf equipment and golf wear which are widely recognized for quality excellence. Driven by a focus on dedicated and discerning golfers and the golf shops that serve them, we believe that we are the most authentic and enduring company in the game of golf.
Responsible for managing portfolio of customer accounts within the order-to-cash cycle in accordance with departmental and corporate guidelines/objectives. Responsible for daily account contact to cure A/R issues and delinquencies, manage orders against credit line and AR guidelines, process new account applications and process customer master maintenance modifications. Actively participate in ongoing training in areas of financial analysis and credit risk related red flags.
- Contact customers to collect and/or resolve past due balances. Use GetPaid software (or similar) to prioritize and set collection strategies. Maintain adequate account documentation in support of efforts. Escalate to manager as appropriate. Employ use of automated fax and e-mail technologies. Monitor payment trends, scoring changes, flash report communiques and, take appropriate corrective action to mitigate the potential for risk of loss including, removing/ reducing credit lines. Execute on security as necessary (i.e. draft on letter of credit). Code customer deductions and follow/pursue to closure. Negotiate acceptable workout plans as necessary.
- Continuously review assigned order queues to determine which orders should be credit released and/ or credit restricted. Release according to departmental guidelines. Formally communicate with sales and the customer as correct action is required in order to facilitate an order release. Requires a review of weekly held order report and take corrective action. May require negotiation with customers. May require submittal of a formal credit line recommendation as necessary.
- Process new account applications when assigned in accordance with Sales and Marketing directives, as well as departmental policy. Includes verifying information through secretary of state's offices, searching customer database to prevent duplication and inserting location history when applicable. Requires use of scoring software to pull 3rd party data reports and auto approve/ decline a corresponding credit line. Must understand when to solicit additional financial information, articles of incorporation, potential guarantor/s, security agreements, etc.
- Produce custom reports upon request that typically relate to a specific customer or set of customers. Will require working proficiency with Excel and Word. May include a financial statment analysis template, inserting data.
- Process customer refunds and account reconciliations. Draft correspondence to customers and sales representatives concerning account specific issues.
- Must be willing to learn how to approach and prepare formal credit recommendations through the use of financial analysis. Will require submittal of a formal credit line recommendation as part of ongoing OTC training. Prepare formal credit recommendation for those situations exceeding sign off authority. Responsible for maintaining the integrity of customer master records (bill to's and ship to')in accordance with sales and marketing policies and practices in terms of when to close and account, when to solicit sales approval, whether address changes may be made and or when to change a top line with knowledge of the potential legal ramifications. etc. Collectors now responsible for making their own credit decisions based on submitted and reviewed reports.
- High School graduate, some college level work desirable. Typing skills and Microsoft Office product proficiency required.
- 3-5 years of commercial credit and collection experience.