The R&A runs professional championships including The Open, The Senior Open and the AIG Women’s Open, elite amateur events, international matches and rankings. The R&A, through R&A Rules Ltd, governs the sport worldwide, outside of the United States and Mexico, on behalf of over 36 million golfers in 143 countries and with the consent of 157 organisations from amateur and professional golf. The R&A is at the forefront in modernising the sport and making it more relevant to today’s society.
The R&A is seeking a Ticketing Project Assistant to support the work of its Ticketing Department on a fixed term basis. The R&A is embarking on an exciting and transformational project in 2021 and an enthusiastic, organised and motivated person is required to support the delivery of this project.
The successful candidate will be required to work across multiple workstreams including technical implementation, communications, reporting and stakeholder management.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide project management support to ensure that the project is delivered on time and to a ‘world-class’ standard
• Work with internal stakeholders across our business to deliver this project including Communications, Marketing, Hospitality, Finance, and Technology
• Liaise with external partners to ensure agreed objectives are adhered to and delivered on time.
• Provide administrative support to the project including organising meetings, minute taking, signposting upcoming deadlines, and highlighting risks
• Create and administer business reporting to provide updates and information to key internal stakeholders
• Support the development of technology systems and tools, becoming a subject matter expert in the relevant and required functions for this project
• Lead on the organisation, delivery, and evaluation of an internal ‘test event’
• Provide operational planning and support to the Ticketing team for effective deployment of the project
• Work with internal and external stakeholders to effectively manage and interrogate data
• Make recommendations regarding the adoption of the project into ‘business as usual’ and establish processes to support this
• Help produce clear and informative, internal, and external, project communications
• Provide other general support to The R&A’s Ticketing operation as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience in delivering complex projects from both a process and systems aspect
• Experienced user of Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel
• Knowledge and understanding of ticket sales processes
• Experience working with and developing ticketing (or other event management) systems, particularly Secutix
• Experience in delivering projects for major events
• Experience in interpreting and presenting data to inform business solutions
• Experience in the effective management of data and an understanding of current GDPR requirements
In addition, the successful candidate should:
• Have excellent communication skills – written and spoken
• Be an enthusiastic and reliable team player
• Have excellent attention to detail/accuracy
• Respect high levels of confidentiality
• Take the initiative and be proactive
Please note that we are unable to provide sponsorship for a work visa so candidates should ensure they already have or are able to obtain the right to work in the UK before applying.
35 hours per week / Mon – Fri (9am – 5pm)
Fixed Term – February 2021 to November 2021 (10 months)
Closing date: 12 noon on Friday 15th January 2021.