Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
(Archived) Ticketing Customer Service Assistant
The R&A runs professional championships including The Open, The Senior Open and the AIG Women’s Open, elite amateur events, international matches and rankings. The R&A, through R&A Rules Ltd, governs the sport worldwide, outside of the United States and Mexico, on behalf of over 36 million golfers in 143 countries and with the consent of 157 organisations from amateur and professional golf. The R&A is at the forefront in modernising the sport and making it more relevant to today’s society.
The R&A is seeking a Ticketing Assistant, on a fixed term basis, to support the work of its Ticketing Department, specifically providing excellent customer service and ticket operations support.
The successful candidate should have previous experience working in a customer-service based role and be enthusiastic, friendly, professional and efficient.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide customer service and ticket operations support for R&A organised events including The 149th Open at Royal St. George’s and The AIG Women’s Open at Carnoustie
• Provide a world class customer service to the general public by email and phone
• Process ticket orders from both R&A Members and the general public using The R&A’s ticketing system
• Help to launch ticket sales for The 150th Open at St Andrews
• Print, pack and dispatch ticket orders
• Process approved refunds / exchanges
• Assist with invoice creation, distribution and payments
• Provide administrative support for the charity ticket request procedure
• Assist in establishing ‘event time’ processes, procedures and documentation.
• Provide other general support to The R&A’s Ticketing Operation as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Previous experience in a customer-service based role
• Experienced user of Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel
• Experience of working with ticketing, booking or event systems
• A knowledge of golf
In addition, the successful candidate should:
• Have strong communication skills – written and spoken
• Be an enthusiastic and reliable team player
• Have excellent attention to detail/accuracy
• Respect high levels of confidentiality
• Show initiative and proactivity
• Be flexible & reliable.
• Be willing to work additional hours/weekends in July & August in the build up to and during The Open and The AIG Women’s Open as required
Please note that we are unable to provide sponsorship for a work visa so candidates should ensure they already have or are able to obtain the right to work in the UK before applying.
Fixed Term – 1st February 2021 to 30th September 2021 (8 months)
35 hours per week / Mon – Fri (9am – 5pm)
Closing date: 12 noon on Friday 15th January 2021
Fife, Scotland, United Kingdom
The R&A employ staff in a diverse range of departments including golf development, course management, equipment testing, hospitality, Championship operations, Rules, finance, IT, marketing and communications, and golf heritage.
Our jobs vacancies page displays employment opportunities in both permanent and temporary roles. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals and encourage...