Torreon Golf Club in Show low, AZ is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of General Manager. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service to the clubs managed by Troon.
Key Responsibilities of the
• Prepares and monitors annual budget, revenue goals and expenses as well as generating various (weekly, monthly, etc.) business volume forecasts.
• Monitors financial reports/statements on a daily, weekly and monthly basis for the facility and takes effective corrective action when necessary.
• Establishes, initiates and monitors basic personnel policies and training along with professional development programs.
• Ensures all Human Resources procedures and policies are followed by management staff.
• Develops, maintains and administers a sound organizational plan and initiates improvements as necessary.
• Maintains membership with the PGA and/or CMAA and other professional associations. • Attends workshops and meetings to keep abreast of current information and developments.
• Oversees the care and maintenance of all the facility’s physical assets.
• Coordinates marketing programs to promote the facility’s services to potential customers.
• Ensures the highest standards for food and beverage products and service on property.
• Implements policies and procedures for multiple departments, including compliance of all company standards relating to the quality of products and services.
• Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Directly manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Golf Professional, Golf Course Superintendent, Director of Food & Beverage, Sales Manager, Accountant, etc.
• Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate, and coordinates ongoing training programs.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• A high energy, dynamic leader with a skill set to lead 250+ associates and oversee daily operations
• Extensive food & beverage experience to oversee a high volume bar, dining and catering operations
• Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills required
• An entrepreneurial approach to marketing with an emphasis on social media and digital marketing
• Prior experience in a senior level management position with an emphasis on food & beverage operations