The Architects Golf Club in Lopatcong, NJ is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of General Manager. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service to the clubs managed by Troon.
Key Responsibilities of the General Manager:
• Prepares and monitors annual budget, revenue goals and expenses as well as generating various (weekly, monthly, etc.) business volume forecasts.
• Monitors monthly and other financial reports/statements on a daily, weekly and monthly basis for the facility and takes effective corrective action when necessary.
• Maintains and increases membership sales as necessary
• Establishes and implements Troon personnel policy, initiates and monitors policies relating to personnel actions and training along with professional development programs.
• Ensures all Human Resources procedures and policies are followed by management staff.
• Develops, maintains and administers a sound organizational plan and initiates improvements as necessary.
• Maintains membership with the PGA and CMAA and other professional associations. Attends workshops and meetings to keep abreast of current information and developments.
• Oversees the care and maintenance of all the facility’s physical assets and each individual facility.
• Coordinates marketing programs to promote the facility’s services to potential customers.
• Ensures the highest standards for food and beverage service on property.
• Implements policies and procedures for multiple departments, including compliance of all company standards relating to quality of products and services.
• Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Directly manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Head Professional(s), Golf Course Superintendent(s), Membership Director, Food and Beverage Director, Tournament Coordinator, Director, Instruction, etc.
• Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
Minimum Qualifications for the General Manager:
• Bachelor’s Degree; 5-10 years’ experience and/or the equivalent in experience and training in a private, member-owned club/space.
• Certified Club Manager candidate and/or Class A PGA Member or similar qualification is strongly preferred.
• Possesses strong leadership and hospitality skills