This job is archived
General Manager Vacancy
Founded in 1888 and later redesigned by the acclaimed James Braid, Cathkin Braes Golf Club is the oldest golf course in Glasgow. Although situated only five miles from the centre of Glasgow, it is in the middle of the countryside and widely regarded as one of the best inland courses in the West of Scotland. The club boasts a magnificent 18-hole course and one of the largest practice areas in the area.
The club has been fortunate to have an experienced senior management and professional team who have been the custodians of the club and served our members outstandingly well. As our current club manager retires later this year, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced General Manager to join and lead the team at Cathkin Braes into a very exciting period for the club.
Our new General Manager will be responsible for the following:
- The key link between the committee, members & the daily operations of the club.
- Managing direct reports across all golf operations, ensuring all decisions meet the club’s strategy & vision.
- Maintain & enhance our membership focused experience, visiting parties & society enquiries.
- The management & development of all clubhouse/office staff.
- Responsible for communication between the club & its members through all channels, including digital.
- Create & implement a sales and marketing strategy to ensure all of our services are promoted.
- Manage all aspects & implement HR & Health & Safety processes.
- Manage & forecast the club’s financial revenue against budgets.
The ideal candidate:
- At least 2 years previous golf club management.
- CMAE/GCMA club qualification is advantageous.
- Experience in budgeting, revenue forecasting & marketing strategy planning.
- Strong leadership & staff management to ensure the golf club delivers a high level of customer service for our members & visiting parties.
- IT literate, & previous experience with EPOS & golf management software solutions.
- Proactive, strategic thinker with a positive and progressive outlook, who can lead and inspire people, develop new ideas and have what it takes to manage all aspects of running a golf club.
- A very competitive salary, pension & benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate.
If you have the above experience & believe you have what it takes to lead Cathkin Braes forward into this exciting period for the club, then APPLY NOW!