This job is archived
Opened in 1996 by the O’Brien family, the Woodlands Course remains a must-visit stop for visitors to Michigan’s Harbor Country. A course immersed in nature as golfers take on woods, water, and sloping fairways – the Woodlands Course is sure to stimulate golfer’s senses and game. The impressive 18-hole course is formidable enough to challenge the most competitive golfers yet features multiple tee placements allowing golfers of all skill levels to enjoy one of Southwest Michigan’s finest golfing experiences.
The course measures over 7,000 yards from the tips, rendering it a formidable challenge, yet plays under 5,000 yards from the front tees. With four tee placements, the course is perfect for both seasoned pros and those just learning the game.
Manage and direct overall operational and fiscal performance of the golf, restaurant, and maintenance operations in compliance with KemperSports policies and procedures. Develop and implement exceptional guest service standards in all related departments. The General Manager will execute a detailed operations plan and support of an extensive marketing and public relations plan. The position requires the need for an experienced general manager who has a proven track record in these types of operations and displays exceptional leadership qualities.
- Oversee and direct all key functional support leaders, including: the Superintendent, F&B Director, Chef, and additional support staff.
- Ability to develop and execute a successful marketing plan which significantly enhances all major revenue generating opportunities as well as incremental revenue potential.
- Coordinate all sales and marketing tactics and strategies with sales and marketing director.
- This position will require a person with strong verbal and non-verbal communications and will be the main contact with client representatives.
- Monitor and evaluate financial performance relative to budget goals and objectives as indicated in the annual budgeting process as well as analysis of key performance indicators.
- Ability to proactively generate systematic action plans and hold applicable staff members accountable for the proper execution of improvement strategies.
- Coordinate accounting operations with KemperSports home office, including the necessary financial reporting, operational expenses and payroll records.
- Direct, coordinate and monitor the development of the golf operations and restaurants annual business plan, marketing plan and operating budget.
- Develop and communicate recommendations for a capital improvement strategy, along with ROI analysis, which will enhance the guest experience and generate additional revenue opportunities.
- Analyze and evaluate operations to determine productivity efficiencies vs. budgeted standards.
- Review and approve financial expenditures and transactions relative to operations, services, and facilities/equipment within and according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure the quality of guest service activities in all departments. Formulate general plans and oversee their implementation towards achieving guest service excellence at a high end golf and hospitality venue.
- Provide inspirational leadership, direction, supervision, and guidance to all staff members in accord with KemperSports culture and mission statement to promote positive employee morale and performance standards.
- College degree preferred.
- 3 years applicable management experience, emphasis in Golf, Food and Beverage, and daily fee club operations required.
- Demonstrated and proven experience in budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, and staff management.
- Experienced in creating successful programming which is designed to maximize the member/guest experience as well as existing and potential revenue opportunities.
- Demonstrated written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including evenings/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Full-time, year-round, exempt
KemperSports is an Equal Opportunity Employer