Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
Facilitates and ensures successful commercialization of new products within assigned business categories. Coordinates with global Marketing, global Sales, and Operations functions, as well as key suppliers to ensure timely completion of all tasks required to support new product launches. Establishes and monitors achievement of critical milestones, and takes corrective actions if necessary, in order to meet launch dates. Key emphasis on supporting Product Development Core Team deliverables, to include effective communication with global stakeholders regarding new product status, features, and samples.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Commercialization and Product Development Projects
- Key point of contact with Sales, Marketing, Design Operations, and other departments within R&D on all aspects of new product development and commercialization.
- Assist Program Managers/Directors in development and improvement of product commercialization processes.
- As needed, leads cross-functional team meetings and maintains all documentation, in Program Central or other, as necessary, in support of new product development.
- Key projects may include timely collection, maintenance, delivery, and communication of global sample requirements, and tracking completion of timely part number creation.
- Manage ongoing updates to the product line files.
- Additional Product Development tasks as assigned.
- Creates open and clear communication channels between internal and external customers and facilitates interaction through cross-functional teams.
- Acts as liaison between all internal departments to resolve issues relating to the commercialization of assigned programs.
- Develops and establishes project plans for assigned programs in cooperation with all stakeholders involved.
- Monitors status of key deliverables. Involves appropriate management when necessary to ensure resources are available to achieve target dates.
- Works with stakeholders to resolve unexpected events as necessary, while ensuring successful deliverable dates occur as scheduled. May prepare revised timelines for review and approval through Program Manager/Director, and entire stakeholder group.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Highly organized, and able to work under time pressure across global time zones.
- Able to think and act independently and use creative problem-solving skills with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and break down larger objectives into a work plan.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership, excellent attention to detail and good record keeping critical.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to interface with all levels of the organization to achieve assigned objectives in a cross-functional team-based environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office software applications and all relevant internal company systems (SAP, SharePoint, etc.)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS strongly preferred. Equivalent relevant experience may substitute.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant project team-based work experience.
- Formal project management education and experience strongly preferred.
- Product commercialization experience in consumer products industries and golf knowledge preferred.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.