Responsible for the property accounting program. Ensures accounting functions are performed accurately and timely to include processing of personnel records, membership billing and records administration, revenue reconciliation and cash control, accounts payable processing.
1. Process Member and Event billings.
2. Process payments, make daily bank deposit and follow up on AR collections.
3. Closing and reconciling computerized point of sale system.
4. Maintain Membership Program, including set up, removal and change of member information.
5. Produce weekly reports and various other financial reports.
6. Reviews department head’s coding of invoices, codes G&A department’s invoices and prepares weekly transmittal log.
7. Maintain electronic and manual checkbooks.
8. Maintain any petty cash funds.
9. Review personnel status change forms for completeness and appropriate approvals. Ensure all new hire paperwork is completed properly and sent to corporate.
10. Compile and send weekly packet to corporate office on time.
11. Determine weekly gratuity pool distribution.
12. Works closely with Membership Director, General Manager and department heads.
13. Maintain compliance with company and standard internal control procedures.
Colorado Wage Range: https://bit.ly/2RpGH86 (copy and paste onto web browser)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
2-year accounting degree; Bachelor’s Degree preferred. 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training preferred. Minimum 3 years bookkeeping experience with AP, AR, Payroll and journal entries. Experience with upkeep of member files and cash balancing preferred. Above average computer aptitude, with advance knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint. Successful track record of prioritizing and multitasking; thriving in a fast paced environment; and meeting deadlines.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and interpret retail product labeling. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, and use hands and fingers to handle, or feel. The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.