Under the leadership of the Executive Chef and acting in his/her absence, the Executive Sous Chef is in charge and runs the operation being entrusted with substantive leadership and management responsibilities, including responsibility on a daily basis for planning meals, procurement of food supplies and kitchen equipment, production of meals, supervising and coordinating the work of the kitchen personnel, assuring that food preparation is economical and complying with all ClubCorp quality standards.
The Executive Sous Chef should have a working knowledge of applicable health, sanitation, and licensing ordinances. He/she is also responsible for the profitable operation of the Food Preparation Department. The relationship between the Chef and the Executive Sous Chef is one of shared leadership and, through this developmental assignment, the Executive Sous Chef acquires the knowledge and problem-solving abilities to be promoted to an Executive Chef position.
Reports Directly To: Executive Chef, also works for: FB Director, and General Manager. Other positions reporting to this Supervisor: all kitchen personnel. Directly Supervises: at least two regular Full-time kitchen staff, indirectly supervises: all cooks, prep cooks, and dishwasher/utility employeesDay to Day:
- Executing the creation of menus and meal planning/production based on forecasted Member and guest counts.
- Determining budgetary requirements and controlling the expenses relating to food supplies, kitchen equipment and materials.
- Analyzing food and labor production reports or other records, including menu engineering, for use in supervision and control of expenses.
- Procurement of food supplies and kitchen equipment, including organization of inventories and participating in actual inventory counts.
- Analyzing the workplace and implementing policies and ensuring policies are carried out to provide safe workplace practices for employees, including resolving all safe workplace practices issues.
- Representing the Club in Member interaction including daily table visits, soliciting Member and Guest feedback, working with various committees, and promoting the Club within the community and industry.
- Interviewing, selecting, and hiring of employees with particular weight being given to the Executive Sous Chefs suggestions and recommendations.
- Suggestions and recommendations into the training, advancement, and promotion of employees, again with weight being given to the Executive Sous Chefs suggestions and recommendations.
- Planning, scheduling, and adjusting hours of work and specific responsibilities among employees.
- Handling and resolving employee complaints and issues.
- Implementing company policies and supervising to ensure others properly implement and administer company policies, including disciplining employees, substance abuse, firing, etc.
- Customarily and regularly directing the work of at least two or more other full-time employee partners or their equivalent.
- Responsible for cleanliness and sanitation of individual work area and kitchen, including equipment, counters, tools, waste areas, etc.
- Assist fellow Employee Partners, Members, and guests to ensure delivery of the 3 steps of service without being directed. Be aware of team members and the environment and participate as a member of the team.
- Notify supervisor of Member/Guest complaints at the time they occur. Rectify, practicing service recover, any complaints as soon as possible.
- Must be able to interact with Members/Guests professionally, helping them with changes and last-minute requests as needed.
- Partner with fellow Employee Partners to provide the three steps of service (warm welcomes, magic moments, and fond farewells) to all guests.
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the companys operation, it may be necessary that each Employee Partner perform a multitude of different functions therefore, as an essential part of your position, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employee Partners are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
- Adhere to all of the various company, club and department written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
- Be able to multi-task and work at an efficient pace to keep up with business needs.
- Be able to follow instructions well as directed.
- Responsible for maintaining good conduct and safe working habits while in all areas, including the kitchen, and assuring that others are acting safely.
- Attendance at daily line-up and participating as requested.
- Wearing a CLEAN and neat uniform that follows ClubCorp and your property uniform standards daily.
- Prefer a minimum of 3-5 years as a Sous Chef
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
Culinary School graduate preferred.
- Health Sanitation Card pear state requirements
Foodservice management certification as per state requirements