High school diploma or GED
4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area. OR • 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major
- Supervises and manages employees.
- Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
- Maintains service and sanitation standards in restaurant and bar/lounge
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
- Provides the leadership, vision and direction to bring together and prioritize the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and effective.
- Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up and hands on management. •
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Ensures staff understands local, state and Federal liquor laws.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team. • Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Monitors alcohol beverage service in compliance with local laws.
- Provides services that are above and beyond for member satisfaction
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Acts as the guest service role model for the restaurants, sets a good example of excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere
- Handles member problems and complaints.
- Meets with members on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to obtain feedback on quality of food and beverage and service.
- Ensures corrective action is taken to continuously improve service results.
- Incorporates member satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Manages service delivery in outlets to ensure excellent service from point of entry to departure (e.g., greeting from hostess, speed of order taking and food and beverage delivery, fulfillment of special requests, collection of payment & invitation to return).
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Identifies the educational needs of others, develops formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaches or instructs others.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably. Strives to improve employee retention.
- Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Ensures recognition is taking place across areas of responsibility.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Assists servers and hosts on the floor during meal periods and high demand times.
- Recognizes good quality products and presentations.