Tennis Shop Manager
Provide the Three Steps of Service to the Members and guests of the club. Promote tennis memberships to all potential prospects. Act as the Clubs Tennis Ambassador to enhance the value of the Club. Reportsdirectly to the Director of Racquet Sports/or Head Tennis Professional.Day to Day:
- Offer highest level of service and professionalism to the Members and Guests of the Club, while promoting the game of tennis.
- Responsible for efficient and friendly customer service at the pro shop counter, checking in players, accurately ringing up charges at the register. Answering incoming phone calls and setting up court times for members and guests.
- Responsible for checking-in merchandise in accordance with procedures, organization of storage and display areas. Keep up inventory levels of constantly stocked items (ie. shirts, socks, gloves, hats, balls, etc.)
- Updating Tennis Members Information, Buyers Club Plan Database, Stringing Database
- Take care of returning all defective merchandise and issuing proper credit to customer.
- Placing and follow up on all special orders and team orders making sure customers are aware of the receipt of their orders in accordance with established procedures.
- Compile information about comments members make about stock in the shop and use that information in purchasing decisions.
- Help always keep tennis shop neat and clean, sell merchandise, and oversee tennis operations and staff to ensure proper performance.
- Keep inventory controls.
- Oversee scheduling of staff.
- Train new hires and to communicate pertinent information from other departments
- Collate Invoices for payment.
- Tennis lessons reporting and reconciliation for payroll purposes.
- ADP or time sheet verification of staffs inputs
- Follow all daily procedures and assist in any tennis related duties as deemed necessary by the Director of Racquet Sports. Partner with fellow Employee Partners to provide the three steps of service (warm welcomes, magic moments, and fond farewells) to all guests.
All the other stuff we do:
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the companys operation, it may be necessary that each Employee Partner perform a multitude of different functions therefore, as an essential part of your position, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employee Partners are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
- Attend Club functions and tennis committee meetings.
- Adhere to all the various company, club and department written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to communicate effectively with proper grammar.
- Ability to work well under pressure, coordinating multiple tasks at any given time ability to focus attention on detail.
- Responsible for maintaining good conduct and safe working habits while in all areas and assuring that others are acting safely.
- Attendance at daily line-up and participating as requested.
Wearing a clean and neat uniform that follows ClubCorp and your property uniform standards daily.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
- Previous Retail Shop experience preferred