The Fitness Coordinator (FC) is responsible for supporting the fitness department to ensure the delivery of professional, high quality, safe and innovative health and fitness services and programs to our membership. The Fitness Coordinator is responsible for the oversight of all fitness related programs within the club. The candidate must possess the right combination of people skills, enthusiasm for service, and a passion for sales. The FC must have a very clear understanding of the following areas of emphasis:
The ClubCorp Service Standards and the support of the standards through training and practice
Fitness operations (member service, communication, marketing, staffing, training, staff development and supervision)
Fitness program development, implementation and evaluation
ClubCorp standard operating procedures and practices for fitness staff in all areas
The Fitness Coordinator will report directly to the Fitness Director
Day to Day:
Work with the Fitness Director to execute quarterly strategic plans.
Oversee New member integration and facilitate FitStart bookings.
Oversee the fitness booking system to ensure all members are accommodated.
Track all FitStart activity, conversion rates and new sales.
Motivate the fitness team to ensure budgeted sales goals are achieved or surpassed.
Assist with recruiting, interviewing and hiring of all fitness positions.
- Audit group exercise classes to ensure quality and safety.
- Assist in payroll processing.
- Develop member engagement activities to educate and promote programs and services.
- Regularly update and refresh marketing throughout the fitness center and Club.
- Oversee fitness floor schedules to ensure adequate service levels during prime-time hours.
- Work with Fitness Director to stay within budget payroll for all non-revenue based hours.
- Support the Fitness Director in facilitating the Group Exercise Program.
- Ensure staff adheres to the corporate policies and procedures.
- Maintain the fitness center and ensure everything is stocked, clean, orderly and in working order.
- Report equipment issues to the Fitness Director.
- Ensure exceptional customer service by staff through the development and implementation of training/staff incentive programs, and continuing education opportunities to improve department.
- Bachelors degree in health-related field.
- Current personal training certification (ACSM, NASM, ACE, PTA Global, NFPT, CSCS or NSCA).
- Previous fitness training experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead a team to succeed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service attitude and abilities.
- Professional, friendly manner.
- Enthusiastic, responsible, and dependable team player.
- Self-motivated, takes initiative with strong work ethic.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Willingness to acquire new skills.
- Innovative thinker who enjoys creating new programs.
- Proficient with a PC/Windows environment.