• Oversee order preparation work to ensure orders are being prepared with the correct priority.
• Deliver orders to maintain fast service.
• Check dishes before they leave the kitchen for accuracy, presentation and temperature.
• Oversee garnishing tasks and make sure that food presentation standards are effectively met.
• Direct kitchen staff on what orders to produce.
• Observe cooking times, and provide chefs with information on delivery timelines.
• Communicate with waitstaff as to where dishes need to be delivered.
• Monitor portion control.
• Fill drinks, wrap sandwiches, and insert tray liners.
• Assist in preparing food items on assembly lines.
• Take care of customers with special needs and requests.
• Make sure the orders are being cooked in a timely fashion.
• Test food temperatures and make sure that once the food is cooked, it is served to the table while it’s warm and ready.
• Explain special orders to the cooks, and tell servers when the kitchen is out of a particular menu item.
• Ensure adherence to all relevant quality and sanitation rules and regulations.
• Inspect the premises according to quality and sanitation standards and provide assistance in cleaning activities.
• Eliminate obstacles in service, food preparation lines or dishwashing.
• Ensure excellent client service.
Transfer important information between the kitchen and the wait staff (e.g. when a customer has a particular request).
• Handle complaints from clients to preserve the restaurant’s reputation.
• Give suggestions for the improvement of the restaurant’s offerings and reputation.
• Execute a variety of different tasks as needed in accordance with managers requests and directions.
• Support other tasks as needed (e.g. telephone orders).