Director of Food & Beverage at The Texas Tech Club
The Director of Food & Beverages' primary purpose is to assure all Food and Beverage operations and Member services are coordinated to exceed Member expectations while achieving the Clubs revenue and profit objectives. The benchmarks for a successful Director of Food & Beverage are growth in Member usage and food and beverage revenues reduction in Member attrition the maintenance of all quality standards for service, production, cleanliness, and safety employee relations and staff development all measured by growth in Net Revenues from Operations.
Also responsible for the direction, development, and training of all service personnel, to maintain a high level of service as well as ensure that the Club adheres to the standards that have been set forth by ClubCorp.
Reports Directly to the General Manager, also reporting to Regional Director, Stadium Clubs. Directly Supervise all food and beverage staff, front, and heart of the house unless the Executive Chef reports to the General Manager. Indirectly Supervises staff in other departments such as House Maintenance, etc.
Day to Day:
- Maintain exceptional Member Relations and facilities by creating a quality environment through staffing, programming, service operations, maintenance.
- Develop aggressive Food Beverage sales, marketing, and net revenue plans and direct successful implementation, following established ClubCorp budgeting and revenue guidelines.
- Identify opportunities for Member events and food and beverage services that satisfy ongoing Member needs and implement to achieve revenue objectives.
- Ensure all expense control systems are in place with close monitoring of all department expenses including revenue to payroll ratio. Ensure appropriate forecasting systems are utilized.
- Work with the Member committees to develop and implement Member activities and events.
- Communicate with Members on both group and individual basis to ensure the Club is exceeding their expectations.
- Works closely with Membership Director, Golf Course Superintendent, Head Golf Profession and Private Event Director, and Marketing to provide direction and input on all matters relating to F&B operations for their specific areas.
- Recruit, select, and develop a qualified staff of Service Excellence Employees to understand the relationships between value, Member service, and satisfaction, and Member retention/attrition.
- Develop Employees for career advancement using Performance Review Systems, Cross Training, and Developmental Planning.
- Hire quality Employees. Ensure that pre-employment screening, background checks, and the interview process are properly completed. Administer appropriate compensation packages for Club Employees in conjunction with labor laws. Ensure appropriate onboarding takes place.
- Create an excellent work environment, centered upon teamwork and mutual respect that is expected to focus upon Member Satisfaction and the 3 Steps of Service while producing the Clubs revenue objectives.
- Implement and effectively execute specific training programs timely and consistently to ensure Club staff is providing Members with quality service and product.
- Responsible for the scheduling and/or directing the scheduling of all service personnel and the budgeting of labor costs. Ensure controls on-time reporting via the time management systems are in place by computing the total hours and making sure the times are accurate by both the Employee Partners and the supervisor. Ensure Employees are adhering to mandated policies and procedures as outlined in the Time Management Policy.
- Attend and lead as required all Department Head staff meetings, Food Beverage meetings, as well as hold weekly service training meetings and special training sessions when needed. Perform line-up twice daily going over the events of the day and Menu items.
- Partner with fellow Employees to provide the 3 Steps of Service (Warm Welcomes, Magic Moments, and Fond Farewells) to all Members/guests.
- Ensure service recovery programs are in place, the staff is properly trained to execute, and being properly utilized as set forth by management.
All the other stuff we do:
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the company's operation, it may be necessary that each Employee perform a multitude of different functions therefore, as an essential part of your position, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employee Partners are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
- Adhere to all the various company, club, and department written mandatory standards of operations, policies, and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
- Attend all Department Head, Food and Beverage, Private Events, and General Staff meetings.
- Continuously improve Member satisfaction through programming, pricing, promotions, and compliance with ClubCorp standards of operations and training.
- Where applicable, oversee side work duties assigned to FB staff and general housekeeping for all F&B outlets.
- Initiate and control a wine/beverage sales incentive for the service team on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- In addition, maintain the required ClubCorp Standards of Operations by helping in controlling labor costs, linen costs, miscellaneous F&B expenses, etc.
- 5+ years in Club management or related field in Food Beverage Industry
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Food Handlers Certificate, Alcohol Safety, STAR Service Certification, STAR Trainer Certification, TABC Certification, and CPR Certification preferred
- Responsible for up to million to multi-million-dollar business. Errors in judgment regarding expense allocation could seriously affect the profit/loss position of their departments
- Deals with highly confidential material (i.e. Member/Employee Data)
- Service STAR Training, Alcohol Management
- Computer literacy required/Spreadsheet knowledge required. Computer skills, good communication skills, ability to be a strong leader
- Professional indoor office/Club environment