Jack Wolfskin, a global eco-performance apparel, footwear and equipment brand, was founded in 1981 on the tenants of product sustainability, performance and quality. The company is now one of the major suppliers of outdoor products across the world with a versatile portfolio of smartly- and sustainably-engineered technologies, including its popular Texapore group of materials. Jack Wolfskin is headquartered in Idstein, Germany, and is expanding to North America with an office opening in Park City, Utah.
This role will own the ecommerce channel for Jack Wolfskin North America and report into the General Manager. The Ecommerce lead will interface closely with the Marketing Team and Global Shared Services to build and execute the digital strategy for the brand. This position will be responsible for the Ecommerce P&L, performance marketing strategies, website health and operations and all digital vendor relationships. This leader will oversee a front-end developer and be a key partner to the IT/Development and Operations teams to ensure timely and accurate product launches, monitor sell thru and provide insight into future seasons. An excellent understanding of web business concepts, practices and procedures is required. Entrepreneurship, leadership, and creative thinking are necessary.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive the vision, strategy, roadmap and operating plan for all digital marketing to achieve the ecommerce financial plans.
- Work closely with the GM and Director of Business Development and Planning to build long range plans and re-forecast in-season for monthly business review meetings.
- Be the ecommerce business lead, owning the ecom P&L, reporting and operations.
- Manage key 3rd party vendor relationships, strategy, and budgets for: Paid Social, Paid Search, Affiliate, SEO and Digital Vendors to ensure performance marketing is constantly optimized and achieving KPI targets.
- Responsible for all digital solutions; vet new opportunities, negotiate pricing and legal contracts
- Manage website SEO; ensure title tags and meta descriptions are optimized, general SEO health from a technical and content POV, internal linking, manage 404 pages, redirect or remove outdated pages
- Run daily/weekly/monthly/ad hoc reporting using Google Analytics and provide analysis on what worked, what didn't work, and provide hindsight.
- Create and develop timelines for seasonal site flips, product and collection page launches and program launches as well as promotions; Send out regular set-up milestones and status updates to ensure all items launch on the site.
- Oversee all features of the site and ensure functionality as intended (ie: email capture popup, upsell in cart, etc). Regularly test features and check integrations.
- Responsible for the daily setup, activation and maintenance of products and their attributes and audit all activations
- Collaborate with Brand Marketing and Merchandising to execute site merchandising and content; conduct daily audits of the website to ensure everything is properly classified and merchandised
- Manage relationship with Digital Innovation and Strategy team to stay on top of trends and features to influence site strategy.
- Manage a full-stack developer and work closely with the Hybris support team to ensure site functionality, site bugs are understood, captured and fixed.
- Assist in special projects as needed defined in ecommerce roadmap
- Assist in general departmental operations as needed
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Deep understanding of paid search and paid social channels
- Experience managing affiliate and SEO strategies
- Google Analytics experience required
- Hybris experience preferred
- Management experience required
- Detail oriented
- Self starter
- Critical thinker
- Creative problem solver
- Great communicator
- Enjoys working independently
- Business mindset (should always be thinking “how can we improve conversion, AOV, how can we drive more sales, etc)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising - related field
- Experience with leading international and multi-faceted sites
- Minimum of 8-10 years related experience
- Management experience required
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.